Casting #62

A showcase of !-75 reg wheel models, a new model every week
Brad Pittiful

Re: Casting #62

Post by Brad Pittiful »

durangokid wrote:Hey Dan,
Great pics! On the 62B vans, is the GPW "Radio Rentals" an original? That is a VERY hard to find model and very seldom seen...............
Nice!

Bill
Hi Bill and thanks...and no they are all models i painted the wheels grey...later i got a real one...but its not pictured with the rest of my 62 vans...i need to update some of my pictures
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
durangokid

Post by durangokid »

Brad Pittiful wrote:
Great pics! On the 62B vans, is the GPW "Radio Rentals" an original? That is a VERY hard to find model and very seldom seen...............
Nice!

Bill
Hi Bill and thanks...and no they are all models i painted the wheels grey...later i got a real one...but its not pictured with the rest of my 62 vans...i need to update some of my pictures
Dan, Would love to see a pic. I think the only "Radio Rentals" Van w/ GPW that I've ever seen was on a Vectis auction a while back.
Thanks!
Bill
DurangoKid
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

durangokid wrote:
Brad Pittiful wrote:
Nice!

Bill
Dan, Would love to see a pic. I think the only "Radio Rentals" Van w/ GPW that I've ever seen was on a Vectis auction a while back.
Thanks!
Bill
aw Bill im sorry...i wrote something different then changed it but still had the idea in my head...what i meant to say...the ones in the pic i painted the wheels grey...then i shouldve said...i did get a real GPW tv van with the rent a set decal...sorry for the confusion
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
durangokid

Post by durangokid »

Brad Pittiful wrote: aw Bill im sorry...i wrote something different then changed it but still had the idea in my head...what i meant to say...the ones in the pic i painted the wheels grey...then i shouldve said...i did get a real GPW tv van with the rent a set decal...sorry for the confusion
Brad, No problem and thanks for the clarification as I was getting excited to see a real TV van w/ "Radio Rentals" decals and GPW! The quest continues to see one "in the flesh" or a pic from a reputable collector................................

Bill
DurangoKid
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

durangokid wrote:
Brad Pittiful wrote: aw Bill im sorry...i wrote something different then changed it but still had the idea in my head...what i meant to say...the ones in the pic i painted the wheels grey...then i shouldve said...i did get a real GPW tv van with the rent a set decal...sorry for the confusion
Brad, No problem and thanks for the clarification as I was getting excited to see a real TV van w/ "Radio Rentals" decals and GPW! The quest continues to see one "in the flesh" or a pic from a reputable collector................................

Bill
im still looking for one too...how solid is the lore with this model...is it speculation or is it 100% legit?
durangokid

Post by durangokid »

Brad Pittiful wrote:[quote="durangokid"

Bill
im still looking for one too...how solid is the lore with this model...is it speculation or is it 100% legit?[/quote]

Based on Nick's listing and Stannard's Guide, it does exist along with the VERY difficult also --- 38B Vauxhall Wagon with RED interior and GPW. I consider both of these models to be very hard to find relating to the later regular wheel models. In my opinion, another very difficult model to find with GPW is the GOLD #22B Vauxhall Cresta. I have been looking for all 3 models for several years and have NEVER seen one live, let alone seen pictures of them.........................
Bill
DurangoKid
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

durangokid wrote:
Brad Pittiful wrote:[quote="durangokid"

Bill
im still looking for one too...how solid is the lore with this model...is it speculation or is it 100% legit?
Based on Nick's listing and Stannard's Guide, it does exist along with the VERY difficult also --- 38B Vauxhall Wagon with RED interior and GPW. I consider both of these models to be very hard to find relating to the later regular wheel models. In my opinion, another very difficult model to find with GPW is the GOLD #22B Vauxhall Cresta. I have been looking for all 3 models for several years and have NEVER seen one live, let alone seen pictures of them.........................
Bill[/quote]

i like you am looking for the 62 and 38 models also
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

Finally managed to get a model with fine grey plastic wheels, not mint but its nice to see one.
62 rentaset.JPG (89.92 KiB) Viewed 6393 times
J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
MatchboxFreak

Post by MatchboxFreak »

nearlymint wrote:Finally managed to get a model with fine grey plastic wheels, not mint but its nice to see one.
62 rentaset.JPG
J

Very nice Jason! Congratulations
This Commer looks so elegant with its fine grey wheels. The RentaSet has always been a favorite!
Enjoy!
Happy hunting!
Kurt