WHAT ELSE DO YOU COLLECT

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
YYS4BOB

Re: WHAT ELSE DO YOU COLLECT

Post by YYS4BOB »

petethesweet wrote:Hi Hugh, I had a big collection of post cards some dating back to 1914 & some of the saucy seaside post cards. Sadly they all went about 20 years ago Pete.
I too had loads of post cards, including the Bamforth examples. The late great Ronnie Barker was an avid collector of these.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews ... -sold.html

As a youngster I'd collect anything. Brooke Bond tea cards, stamps, matchbox labels and book match covers etc., etc., And of course toy cars!
Bob
petethesweet

Post by petethesweet »

Hi Bob, never had any toys when i was a kid, only had a scooter & a bike. Could never understand why anybody wanted to play with toy cars. I was always across the fields or swimming in the river or making stuff. Pete.
radar

Post by radar »

Australian stamps - stopped C 2000 as now issued like confetti
Australian TRAX model cars - Holdens and Falcons we grew up with. Now stopped as issued like confetti.

Now big fan of minimalist lifestyle. Pre KonMari. Travel everywhere with only 6.9 kg carry on

Everything can be digitalised - books, music, movies.

Except my 1-75 RWs.

Generally travel with only one - in blue and yellow box - sparks joy as Marie Kondo would say - part of my DNA
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

radar wrote:Australian stamps - stopped C 2000 as now issued like confetti
Australian TRAX model cars - Holdens and Falcons we grew up with. Now stopped as issued like confetti.

Now big fan of minimalist lifestyle. Pre KonMari. Travel everywhere with only 6.9 kg carry on

Everything can be digitalised - books, music, movies.

Except my 1-75 RWs.

Generally travel with only one - in blue and yellow box - sparks joy as Marie Kondo would say - part of my DNA

Great post!! Can relate. Anything collectable is not.....
Squid

Post by Squid »

I guess I'll resurrect this thread. Back in about 2006, I bought a guitar and all the related gear. I set aside an example from each pack of picks I bought. The guitar is long gone, but I managed to hang on to all the picks. I recently went through all of them and discovered quite a few discontinued designs, as well as some that have been in my possession for at least 20 years. One thing led to another, and now I have even more picks...and a new guitar that I'm actually learning how to play!
Moyboy

Post by Moyboy »

City3.jpg
city1.jpg
City2.jpg
Kids got me started on Lego. A year ago I had none - this is the result now. This stuff is more addicted than MOY. Perhaps I should have gone for a train layout instead !!!
Last edited by Moyboy on Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hope this link works to some of my SONY collection...http://stereo2go.com/forums/threads/the ... post-38524

Ghosthunter.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Impressive, and the usual forensic attention to detail. Storage is clearly a bigger problem with this collection than the small cars! Do the items not deteriorate when stored externally in sheds and derelict cars?
Bob
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Yes Bob they can and sadly over the years I have lost some items to bad storage and on one occasion flood damage when a boiler inside a shed had problems and instead of waste water going through a pipe in the wall to the outside drain, it got diverted inside and caused non-reversable damage.

Also like model cars if they are not checked on a regular basis if in a shed, the air in the shed (or an old Rolls-Royce!!), goes stale and helps with any decaying bacteria in the air which helps promote fungus etc to form on unprotected items and while this is not ideal, they can usually be saved by carefull cleaning whereas models usually can not!

Lots of old sheets and blankets are used to protect items in my two sheds if they are not in original packaging and on the installation of the two main sheds, I was installing electrical power for heaters to be in place to help control the temperature but sadly with Mother losing her life this halted those plans taking place.

Ghosty.
Mikietom

Post by Mikietom »

Living in Florida Disney of course. Mainly Figment (dragon) pins