24 Hours of Matchbox Berlin

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
kay

24 Hours of Matchbox Berlin

Post by kay »

Carsten Oettler of Cars and Boxes has now realized a new Matchbox meeting in Potsdam in early September - it is planned as a casual come together in a hotel near Berlin. There's going to be kind of a "24 hour" Matchbox toy fair in the hotel (Friday from 6 to 10 pm, and Saturday from 9 am to 6 pm)
Hopefully it will attract a lot of collectors and sellers.....
A collecting friend of mine and I have already booked tables and hotel rooms.

See link below for more details.
http://www.matchbox.berlin/en.html

Kay
matchboxmarcel

Re: 24 Hours of Matchbox Berlin

Post by matchboxmarcel »

thanks kay for posting this here also.
I have placed the date in my diary.

marcel
matchboxmarcel
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

This has to be good for the hobby and is something missing in the UK (the home of Lesney - Matchbox!) at the moment with the demise of the MICA conventions.

As organiser of the Windsor Toy Fair only twice a year, maybe a Matchbox specific event is something I can look into as a future event.

Ghosthunter.
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:This has to be good for the hobby and is something missing in the UK (the home of Lesney - Matchbox!) at the moment with the demise of the MICA conventions.

As organiser of the Windsor Toy Fair only twice a year, maybe a Matchbox specific event is something I can look into as a future event.

Ghosthunter.
I would expect that would interest quite a few of us here in the UK Kevin so keep me posted if you do develop any plans.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Yes, count me in!
Bob
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:This has to be good for the hobby and is something missing in the UK (the home of Lesney - Matchbox!) at the moment with the demise of the MICA conventions.

Ghosthunter.
It is indeed odd that there is currently no Matchbox/Lesney convention/get together held in the UK. I'm sure it is a market niche just waiting to be filled by a centrally-held, well-organised, and well-pulicised meet.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

So I don't mess up Kay's thread, my thoughts on a Lesney - Matchbox show now has a thread of its own here...https://www.vintagebritishdiecasts.co.u ... 472#p89236

Ghosthunter.