"Fast and Fifty" magazine

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
jsherwood

Re: "Fast and Fifty" magazine

Post by jsherwood »

Hi everyone, I've just purchased a couple of spare copies of this magazine - please PM me if you're interested in buying one (at £7.99 + post / packing)

UPDATE: -11 Nov

Now there's one left.

Cheers
John
fixer

Post by fixer »

I'm in agreement with Al, no real content about rarer models with little information relevant to any semi serious collector at which I presume it was aimed at
not much more than a glorified magazine
I also pre ordered my copy 2 months before release date and was very disappointed to receive it 2 weeks after it hit the shops, safe to say a snotty email was sent to the customer services about it …. the only reply was to ask when I received it ….not impressed
reg
SuperFast

Post by SuperFast »

jsherwood wrote:Hi everyone, I've just purchased a couple of spare copies of this magazine - please PM me if you're interested in buying one (at £7.99 + post / packing)
Cheers
John
Thank you very much John, got it at the end of the last week.
Nothing special, but nice to see and read something about Matchbox Lesney.
But the 22a Pontiac in red is quite nice, seen on page 34!
Sven :)
Infected by Superfast
jsherwood

Post by jsherwood »

Hi Sven, Glad you received it ok.

I am a big fan of the Lesney Gift Sets and the artwork, so the mag is good in that respect. But yes, not technical.

Maybe one day I'll start work on something more like a Stannard for Superfast. A big job though.

Cheers
John
ChFalkensteiner

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

jsherwood wrote: Maybe one day I'll start work on something more like a Stannard for Superfast. A big job though.
That is my ambition too. I originally started my project about 21 years ago, covering all MB Miniatures made before the Mattel name was added on the baseplates (excluding earlier Brazilian and later Bulgarian models).

I have no hope of ever finishing this project within my lifetime - although it is only lists and no drawings - , as there are always more updates to be done than I have time available, but I will continue as long as I have fun doing it.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

You're work and dedication is much appreciated Christian, I regularly use your site and have learned so much from it.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
SuperFast

Post by SuperFast »

Yes, you all are right.
Not much time to get all information into paper, endless variations and combinations.
But it would be nice and much appreciated to have a book like the Stannard bible for "Superfast". Single sheets in a ring book to make it possible to revise them if there are never informations.
BTW until now great job, Christian.
Maybe it is possible to start a project with some forum members?
Regards
S. :?:
Infected by Superfast
ChFalkensteiner

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

SuperFast wrote:Yes, you all are right.
But it would be nice and much appreciated to have a book like the Stannard bible for "Superfast". Single sheets in a ring book to make it possible to revise them if there are newer informations.
Well you can always print out my listings if you want to. I know some people who have done so and use them (sometimes altering them according to their specific needs), and of course I do it myself too. Everybody who has ever met me at a swapmeet or convention knows that I always carry three large binders with me which contain those printed listings.

But you have to be aware of the risk that any listing may already be obsolete as soon as you have printed it... :oops:
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

I have the magazine in hands now also.
I very much like the several chapters like Streakers and Rolamatics.
It gives a different view how men can collect.
Also chapters for sets are nice.
Many publications mainly write about the models only.

I very much like the Rolamatics and as I am from 1969 played with those models myself.

This dutch language advert is from a 1975 comic.

More at:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2095&hilit=rolamatics

marcel
matchboxmarcel
SuperFast

Post by SuperFast »

ChFalkensteiner wrote: Well you can always print out my listings if you want to. I know some people who have done so and use them (sometimes altering them according to their specific needs), and of course I do it myself too. Everybody who has ever met me at a swapmeet or convention knows that I always carry three large binders with me which contain those printed listings.

But you have to be aware of the risk that any listing may already be obsolete as soon as you have printed it... :oops:
Thank You Christian,
I have downloaded your word files, great work,
I'll make a complete pdf-file, so I can use this on my phone every day I need it.
Sven
Infected by Superfast