shop question

Free buy, sell, wanted and swap ads
Forum rules
All deals are wholly private in nature.
VBD accepts neither responsibility nor liability for any aspect of any deal.
SuperFast

shop question

Post by SuperFast »

Does anyone have experience with the seller AlansToys (vintagediecasttoys)?
There is really great stuff in this shop.
S.
Infected by Superfast
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: shop question

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Just had a look and he seems to have some good models but prices are overly high for some fairly easy to find models from the 'Yesteryear' range before shipping is added for UK customers.

Ghosthunter.
hydra427

Post by hydra427 »

I have had dealings with Alan over the years and have usually been pleased with the service, packaging and pricing. If you look long enough you will find something you need on his site. He typically will not discount but it never hurts to ask.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for looking, John
"For everyone you pass up, your always one behind"
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

I have also done business with Alan in the past, and have no complaints about either the service or the goods I received. He is a bit pricey but, let's face it, some of the models on offer are the only examples for sale, anywhere! I would describe Alan as friendly but, when it comes to selling, very hard-nosed.
To summarise: buy with confidence, but don't expect a bargain!
SuperFast

Post by SuperFast »

Thanks for the support, I think some of the prices are fair, as the models are rare.
For example the Hungarian Dormobile (PizzaVan) or the Hairy Hustler with purple windows.
The problem will be the shipping and custom, more the payment of duty than shipping.
S.
Infected by Superfast
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Alan can be found selling his offerings at some of the larger USA shows and events. He's a nice guy. His prices are, "his prices." He's honest and he will work to resolve any problems that might come up in the course of a transaction. I've bought from him several times in the past, including some less than mint items at a very fair price. Warning for overseas customers, if the current president has his way, expect overseas shipping prices to soar far beyond current costs and possibly only be available via private shippers.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

One other important point, and that is that Alan is a cat lover (so he must be OK). :D
SuperFast

Post by SuperFast »

Idris wrote:One other important point, and that is that Alan is a cat lover (so he must be OK). :D
:D meow
Infected by Superfast