VECTIS AUCTION

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
YYS4BOB

Re: VECTIS AUCTION

Post by YYS4BOB »

If you use Invaluable to bid on Vectis auctions, the commission is 30%. Vectis commission is 20%. the additional 4% comes from the 20% VAT on the 20% commission. Hope that makes sense!
Bob
Moyboy

Post by Moyboy »

Bloody ripoff by the government. If items are being shipped overseas they should be VAT free I know you claim it back but a long winded process and form filling. When it gets here you get stung the same (GST /VAT) so you get taxed twice plus commission and postage - it soon kill overseas sales and if the US pulls out of the postal agreement kiss most of it goodbye.
How the hell can China be considered an emerging nation - total bullshit.
motorman

Post by motorman »

YYS4BOB wrote:If you use Invaluable to bid on Vectis auctions, the commission is 30%. Vectis commission is 20%. the additional 4% comes from the 20% VAT on the 20% commission. Hope that makes sense!
Yes that explains it Bob, I thought the basic commish was 20%, Thanks for clearing that up.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
Matchbox1-75models

Post by Matchbox1-75models »

Use to be a lot cheaper when roger was selling back in the days at Guildford. All the auction houses use to be cheaper back then with some even offering no buyers premium
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Guildford Civic Hall was the venue then, and the 1st time I attended a Vectis sale was Feb 24th '93 for the big Yesteryear prepro sale. I still have the catalogue.
Bob
SuperFast

Post by SuperFast »

Did anyone get some of the rare Matchbox from the Simon Hope Collection Part 3?
I have been outbid on 77 lots. Fortunately I didn't win all of these lots, my credit card wouldn't have been enough.
Unfortunately I've won only one lot, but it was the yellow Toe Joe Hitch Hiker.
Sven
Infected by Superfast