VECTIS AUCTION

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
petethesweet

VECTIS AUCTION

Post by petethesweet »

Hi All, did anybody pick up anything from Vectis today. I only had one bid & lost it by £200 seemed some very high prices Pete.
Matchbox1-75models

Re: VECTIS AUCTION

Post by Matchbox1-75models »

Thankfully i no longer collect models so those missing pieces i was missing i no longer have to chase.
Out of interest what did you miss by £200
petethesweet

Post by petethesweet »

Hi John, It was the plastic wheel Low Loader in a B3 box Pete,
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Silly prices today (and for models I would want to inspect 'in the hand' first).
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Some of the prices were pretty damn high. I was after the Y1 Allchin with green smoke box door, but when it started in the 000's I nearly fell off the chair. Auctioneer stated it was only the 2nd one seen. Clearly not done his home work as it's the 4th example to go through Vectis, and another will be along soon......
Bob
hydra427

Post by hydra427 »

YYS4BOB wrote:Some of the prices were pretty damn high. I was after the Y1 Allchin with green smoke box door, but when it started in the 000's I nearly fell off the chair. Auctioneer stated it was only the 2nd one seen. Clearly not done his home work as it's the 4th example to go through Vectis, and another will be along soon......
Yes, some crazy prices - the Allchin blew my mind though, I was also after the white Y10 but when it opened at 600 my jaw hit the floor. I took a stab at a few others but mostly fell short. On to the next one!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for looking, John
"For everyone you pass up, your always one behind"
petethesweet

Post by petethesweet »

Hi All, I intended to go up, had my list all made out, looked at the weather & decided no. Everything that i wanted seemed to go double & treble. They have a further three matchbox auctions lined up. Will have to wait & see whats in them. Pete.
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

Amazing prices indeed.
I was going for the white dash Y6 Bugatti and although I made a bid higher then the high estimate I dramatically lost.

marcel
matchboxmarcel
HorseShoeTrading

Post by HorseShoeTrading »

New to the site but I have been buying from Vectis for a while. It seems that the prices were absurdly high today. Does anyone have a perspective on this or a theory? It would be much appreciated.

New to the forum! First post here.
I collect and sell. I have been collecting Solido Military for a while and have recently started collecting and selling Dinky, Corgi, Lledo. I'm very new to this and am trying to learn as much as I can and am really enjoying reading your posts!

Hello, from Horse Shoe, North Carolina USA
petethesweet

Post by petethesweet »

Hi Prices were very high today, I think people are spending their money on things they like rather than put it in the bank or going on holiday. What ever they brought today plus 24% & postage they would never be able to sell again to make a profit. Hope this helps Pete.