Marzal interior

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
cbrockets

Marzal interior

Post by cbrockets »

Hi I was wondering do you guys know if the Superfast Marzal was ever produced with red seats instead of white ? Thanks for reading and any info , regards Chris
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Marzal interior

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

No, not to my knowledge. If you are refering to the Silver example on 'Loose Cars.com' they do not show the baseplate so it is difficult to comment on that example's status.

Ghosthunter.
cbrockets

Post by cbrockets »

Hi Thats actually the very one that is puzzling me and they state it has red interior but fail to mention if its a custom job or not and at that price its too expensive to just take a punt plus of course silver is not a matchbox colour for this casting , I see there are several other code 3's on there site so it may not be genuine and the details on a few others are not accurate , If its a custom I could make my own :) Thanks Chris
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

It should not be a big problem for them if you requested the very information we want...''is it a custom/rebuild'' or simply an extra picture of the baseplate to show the rivets, worth a try!

Ghosthunter.
cbrockets

Post by cbrockets »

Hi Yes that is more or less what I have done , I asked if it was a custom job and could they email me a pic of the base for me to look at is I am interested in the model , no reply yet will let you know what happens , cheers Chris
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

OK Chris, thank's.

Ghosthunter.
cbrockets

Post by cbrockets »

Hi Been out of action for a while but just to clear up this query I heard nothing from loose cars so repeated my request for a picture etc but have never had an answer . cheers Chris