Clipboard

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
johnboy

Clipboard

Post by johnboy »

Something slightly different here, this was a cheap curiosity that I bought because I hadn't seen one before. The Matchbox logo with the border was introduced in the mid 70's (I think). It's quite a bit longer than the usual sized clipboards and takes stationery longer than A4, does anyone know what this was for?
Attachments
IMG_1211.JPG
IMG_1211.JPG (113.62 KiB) Viewed 579 times
IMG_1212.JPG
IMG_1212.JPG (110.36 KiB) Viewed 579 times
IMG_1213.JPG
IMG_1213.JPG (106.43 KiB) Viewed 579 times
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
Idris
Site Admin

Re: Clipboard

Post by Idris »

The fact that it's oversized for A4 might mean that it was designed to take the old imperial foolscap size.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Jarvis Porter Ltd were based in Leeds from 1935 to 1970. They sometimes used the range name of Porterprint. Their sole preoccupation in the games world (apart from a short-lived football card game) was producing countless editions of Kan-U-Go - different boxes, different card sizes, and so on. Waddingtons must have acquired the rights in 1970 and took over production from then onwards.

Jarvis Porter continued to exist until 2002, making labels,tags and other office equipment.

I don't know anything about the Matchbox branded clip board but it may be one of several designs they did during the 1970's to cash in on the Matchbox Superfast activity.

Ghosthunter.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Thanks Ghosty and thanks Hugh, I'd forgotten about foolscap. I'll hang the clipboard up with my brown warehouse coat ready for the next stocktake :)
John
There's nothing regular about wheels