Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
matchboxmarcel

Re: Toy fair news

Post by matchboxmarcel »

It was good to be at Sundown again and to meet up so many friends.
This is far better then buying models via the internet only.
Unfortunately the display I won from Vectis in november was a little bit to big to handcarry home by the coach so Bob, Gary and myself settled for something else.
I hope Gary can bring this for me in his car in April.

John Moore had this nice Matchbox K-13 Kingsize ERF Cement Truck for me,
The last Kingsize model I needed to make that display complete.
For the moment they are in a much older (1960) display here.

No photo report of the journey and swap meet this time.

In the afternoon I went to Harrods and Hamley's
Harrods was not really worth a visit but I spent a long time to watch all the people and all the toys at Hamley's.

Marcel
matchboxmarcel
petethesweet

Post by petethesweet »

Hi all, Did anybody go to the NEC. Pete.
fixer

Post by fixer »

yeah not much for me a couple of redlines a modtractor with unpainted base and greyhound bus with clear windows
I was on the was home by 11
reg
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

The next Windsor toy fair is scheduled to take place on Saturday 28th September 2019. Before then I will be kept quite busy with a couple of the Maidenhead Static Model Club's club nights.

One is taking place tommorrow night, Thursday 16th and as I help with the chairman's duties, tommorrow I will be presenting the whole eveing as the chairman himself is unfit to attend so I will be hosting the mini toy fair (no not the car!), the raffle, the competition on mini toys and models (yes the car!) updating attending club members with news on the next club nights events and being involved in the general chit chat during the evening and at the end of all that putting all the furniture back to how it was when I opened up the club room (I am the key holder by the way!) so a lot for me to do!!

The next club night on Thursday June 20th, I will be giving a talk and presentation on Bentley toys and models with examples from my own collection, then the evenings competition being Bentley toys and models which I will have to judge so will not be able to enter!

Any forum member(s) in the area on these dates are most welcome to come along as my guest, PM me for details and location.

Ghosthunter.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

A bit late with the announcement but Sandown Park toy fair tomorrow Saturday 25th. I really don't know if I will be there although it would be nice to give the car a good run after having to do some work on her.

Ghosthunter.
fixer

Post by fixer »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:A bit late with the announcement but Sandown Park toy fair tomorrow Saturday 25th. I really don't know if I will be there although it would be nice to give the car a good run after having to do some work on her.

Ghosthunter.
go on give her a run
reg
petethesweet

Post by petethesweet »

Hi all, Hope to go to Sandown, will be the first toy fair i have been to in a couple of years Pete.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

I'll be there.
Bob
fixer

Post by fixer »

a good day for me at Sandown :D :D
reg
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Wasn't it just! Probably wearing the biggest grin I saw. Even a bit wider than John's.
Bob