42c Iron Fairy Crane

one new model to be updated each week
Diecast

Re: 42c Iron Fairy Crane

Post by Diecast »

The second interesting detail is the rest of the slot above the bumper for the tongue of the "snap in" base platte. Interesting that the base platte with front tongue is not even on the all yellow model. There must be a Pre-Pro of the Pre-Pro :D
Antonin
Attachments
DSCN6431.JPG
DSCN6431.JPG (18.47 KiB) Viewed 1928 times
Diecast

Post by Diecast »

DrJeep wrote: This looks like another model that needs a new variation table!
I totally agree with you
Antonin
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

Diecast wrote:First is the process of damaging molds. On the early models there is no rim or eaves on the roof.
I think only one of the moulds shows this damage. I have an orange and lime Superfast Iron Fairy without the damage.
Diecast wrote:The second interesting detail is the rest of the slot above the bumper for the tongue of the "snap in" base platte. Interesting that the base platte with front tongue is not even on the all yellow model. There must be a Pre-Pro of the Pre-Pro
Fascinating - I'd never spotted that. Thank you.
Sebastian10

Post by Sebastian10 »

Diecast wrote:There are three variations of the jib holder:
a) upper pin, no strengthening ring
I think there may be more versions of the jib holder - I have a couple of regular wheel models with a faint outline of a strengthening ring around the upper pin.

I also have a transitional model with a pronounced strenghtening ring around the top pin as per the photo below which has been darkened with photo to make the ring more visible.
Note this model has the raised disk where the lower pin would have originally been located in the 'high' pin version which I think is an indication of a jib holder made in the earlier days of production. My other transitional crane does not have a strengthening ring around the top pin though the jib holder is yellow rather than the more normal orangey yellow. :lol:
Attachments
1 offside view transitional with reinforcing ring around top pin.jpg
1 offside view transitional with reinforcing ring around top pin.jpg (107.36 KiB) Viewed 1910 times