My collection of vintage vehicles

Post photographs of your collection here!
Teals1

Re: My collection of vintage vehicles

Post by Teals1 »

My final posting of cars in my collection. This one arrived last night which was fitting as it is my 70th birthday tomorrow. The model is a 1939 Citroen 15 CV Sedan by Soledo (#-32). I've also included a photo of the glass display case, very sparse in comparison to some of the collections here but one that I get great pleasure from. And I am sure that the collection will get added to from time-to-time. I may also add an additional shelf as there is plenty of room for that and considering some LED lighting down each side.

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

That is a fine collection and you said the key word there...PLEASURE! something we all get from our collections but once collecting becomes a chore, its time to stop.

Ghosthunter.
ClOwY

Post by ClOwY »

I think i can now say Happy Birthday to you, a small but fine collection,
The main thing YOU enjoy it, thanks for pics
Gary
Teals1

Post by Teals1 »

Thanks for your kind comments Ghosthunter and Gary. Although I have posted everything I have currently, I will post anything that gets added to my collection in the future. I have learnt that there is a belated birthday present on its way to me by courier which is a diecast car of some kind so a surprise awaits.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

...and we look forward to seeing it :D

Ghosty.
Teals1

Post by Teals1 »

Well, the unknown has now become known! A Newray 1911 Chevy Classic 6 Roadster that has functional doors and a bonnet that opens on one side to reveal some engine details. A nice gift.

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

That is smart, not ever seen one of those models before. Is it around 1/43rd scale.

Ghosthunter.
Teals1

Post by Teals1 »

The scale is actually 1/32 but difference hardly noticeable in comparison to the 1/43 models in the cabinet. Certainly not as well finished as Matchbox models.
This is a photo under the bonnet.

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Do you know if there are others in the range.

Ghosthunter.
Teals1

Post by Teals1 »

Yes, there are others in the range. They have a catalogue - you can start here where I have selected Hong Kong (There are other countries you can select) and flick through the pages of the catalogue. http://www.new-ray.com/html/products_ca ... imageid=70

Incidentally, regarding my Chevy, the 1911 model was the prototype which was made without windscreen or hood. In 1913 the model went into production with the additional screen and hood.