What is it about theses model variations

An area for less experienced collectors to ask questions and show their finds.
Idris
Site Admin

Re: What is about theses model variations

Post by Idris »

BillF wrote:Another factor is being offered from a reputable dealer such as RWC as opposed to shady fakers such as ones who have been mentioned in the past. Especially since online versus in hand purchases can be difficult to determine if the model is legit.
A good point, and Rocketron's Ebay auctions spring to mind as examples of how a first-class reputation can result in even the humblest of models (e.g. 40c Hay Trailer) selling for good money.
Shane

Post by Shane »

Thanks for that Bill

I am aware premium sellers can fetch higher prices. I too am willing to pay a bit more when I know the level of a reputable seller. I just wasn't sure what it as about these particular models.
Play with toys and be forever young!
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

Hello Shane, not only the colour variations of the models but also the different wheels Metal Wheels, Silver Plastic Wheels, Grey Plastic Wheels, and Black Plastic Wheels. These not only come in different sizes but also different number of treads on them.

Then there is a same model but has different castings, if you go to Georges 1-75 Casting show you will see a lot of different variations.

George T.
A-Man-Called-Bwian

Re: What is it about theses model variations

Post by A-Man-Called-Bwian »

I mainly collect kingsize and didn't intend to go down the 'variations' route but was lured in by wheel colour variations. Then bought three Iso Grifo's for the blue colour and wheel variations. Although to be fair, these are to go on the back of a kingsize transporter so don't count.
All my collection is absolutely mint, sage and onion condition