The Very Best of 2018

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
Idris
Site Admin

The Very Best of 2018

Post by Idris »

As last year, there will be no 'End of Year Poll'. Instead, Members are once again invited to use this thread to show their two most significant finds/acquisition of 2018 to the Forum. (Please keep it to only two since this will help to maintain quality and also prevent the thread from becoming overly long.)
zBret

Re: The Very Best of 2018

Post by zBret »

Mine would be the 10 wheel 15a Diamond T and the 11x24 grey wheeled 3d Bedford Tipper, which were actually my first finds of 2018

zBret
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

Here are mine. You've seen most of the interesting things I've found this year so I've picked a couple that I haven't shown before. They're both very worn but I'm still pleased with them.
IMG_7136.jpg
IMG_7136.jpg (247.76 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
The Merryweather is the version with the half sill - is this harder to find than the earlier one without a sill? The one remaining axle has hollow wheels, not solid. The D-type is without the cast rings for the racing numbers.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Probably the only YY's to appear here.

Issue 1 of the fire engine with white ladder with small end lugs, no label guides & 24 spoke wheels. This is harder to find than the later issues with red driver seats in my opinion. it's taken a very long time to obtain this example, and it came from a private sale at a very good price.

This was from E-Bay at a bargain price also. Never seen a prepro body (no cast ridge along the top) in this colour before.
Bob
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thats the only Yesteryears posted here by someone called Bob... :lol:

I too picked up several hard to find models this year but two that stand out are the blue preproduction Silver Ghost here...

...and this very hard to find Lesney Giftware item which does not appear in the catalogue except by name only!

Ghosthunter.
hydra427

Post by hydra427 »

2018 was a banner year for me. It all started late in 2017 when I started work on acquiring a large collection out of the NJ area. It took a lot of emails and back and fourth before we were able to complete the transaction but it was one of the best purchases I have ever made. It included many fine models including 2 #15a Prime Movers with gray plastic wheels, 2 #20 Stake Trucks with gray plastic wheels, and 2 #46 Blue Morris Minors. The collection had a lot of duplicates and most of the models are in mint condition with clean rust free axles and incredible trim details on most models. All of the models came with their respective box and only a few of those I would consider in poor condition with most of them a solid 9 out of 10. I also picked up a few more off my want list and believe me none of these were easy to come by. I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I enjoy the models. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for looking, John
"For everyone you pass up, your always one behind"
Moyboy

Post by Moyboy »

Well if Bob and Ghostie can so can I ! Bought a few this year but my last buy of the 3 models was probably the best. The mega rare black seat Y10 Mercedes would be top, followed by the British legion Poppy van which was a non released issue. The Ferrari in green was an odd choice of colour for this prepro model.

Next up was the Dupont set - bit tatty outer but all mint inside but its the outer box we want as models are fairly common. Does any of our members know the original owner from Lincroft NJ

kerbside

Post by kerbside »

DSCN6710.JPG
DSCN6710.JPG (125.42 KiB) Viewed 1759 times
DSCN6475.JPG
DSCN6475.JPG (66.96 KiB) Viewed 1759 times
These two casting variants I got this year. The 30c model with-out the rear brace on the base, and the 44c model with-out the rear bumper.

George T.
petethesweet

Post by petethesweet »

Hi John, great collection i bet you are well chuffed. Its been a poor year for me only picked up a few models Pete.
ogedei2

Post by ogedei2 »

Didnt find much this year, but did end up with this twinpack
a1aa.jpg
a1aa.jpg (98.95 KiB) Viewed 1730 times