69b unlisted variation

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
kerbside

69b unlisted variation

Post by kerbside »

DSCN6754.JPG
DSCN6754.JPG (85.05 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
Here is an unlisted casting variation the one on the right is the last issue model.

I did try to put the in the unlisted variation format ,but there was no way to let me post a new topic?
nearlymint

Re: 69b unlisted variation

Post by nearlymint »

Well spotted George will have to dig my ones out and check.
J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

Is this Nick's code 12? Here's the picture from the listings:
Screenshot 2018-11-24 at 15.18.21.jpg
Screenshot 2018-11-24 at 15.18.21.jpg (186.25 KiB) Viewed 1569 times
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

I posted some photos and a similar (nearly identical) explanation/description way back when the MCCH was working up it's own version of the "Stannard." Sadly, Mr. Curtis deleted all the work that was contributed by his then members (One of the model write-ups I contributed was the Hatra). While this detail/variation seems to be known, it's not very well documented. As far as I can tell, Nick is the only one to mention this final variation.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Sebastian10

Post by Sebastian10 »

I got a second one of these earlier this year - not anywhere as good as Georges but not bad for 99p :) :)

Sebastian :D
Attachments
0 front offside view 99p.jpg
0 front offside view 99p.jpg (112.62 KiB) Viewed 1527 times
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

kerbside wrote:I did try to put the in the unlisted variation format ,but there was no way to let me post a new topic?
If you are referring to the "Missing, Previously Catalogued 1-75 RW Variations" area', then that is correct. Since all the RW models have been reviewed, there is no need for any new topics to be created. However, you should still be able to post to the existing topics.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Tinman wrote:As far as I can tell, Nick is the only one to mention this final variation.
The NAMC’s “Catalog of all Series Matchbox Models” (second edition) lists the model as variation 69-2F ("reinforced triangle where front of cab meets bed").
yellowfoden

Post by yellowfoden »

...and Christian also has it listed within his pages on his site.

Bert
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Idris wrote:
Tinman wrote:As far as I can tell, Nick is the only one to mention this final variation.
The NAMC’s “Catalog of all Series Matchbox Models” (second edition) lists the model as variation 69-2F ("reinforced triangle where front of cab meets bed").
yellowfoden wrote:...and Christian also has it listed within his pages on his site.

Bert
Thanks guys. So, I would say there is not any reason to consider it an unlisted variation as it has been recorded and listed several times, in different guides, over the years. It's just another model that Mike Stannard missed.

I sold off all my books and guides when I sold off the bulk of my collection. I kept my Stannards reprint, one pocket catalog of Mack's. Nick's book has been added and I've received a wonderful gift of the 40 years book. I apologize for the incorrect comments about the variation's listed status and I'm thankful for the correction.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."