RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Dinky toys by Meccano
RSSierra

Re: RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Post by RSSierra »

Masons Mini still hasn't arrived so no conclusion to the debate above as yet.

Solely Aircraft this post, must say I'm enjoying delving into these.

Another variation of the Comet Light Racer

Kings Flight

Thunderbolt - Only the Zero to go now and I have the entire mainstream 1970's aircraft sorted. The US only issue F4 Phantom is a harder item to find.

Just won another set of goodies in almost as new condition. They'll be here in a day or so stay tuned....

Cheers

Dave
diecastfan

Post by diecastfan »

Dave wonderful examples and variations of the Comet light racer..
Kev

Happy collecting..
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Thanks Kev!

I will post a group shot of the Comets when I get a chance...

Right on to the good stuff. Today was mega arrival day where 2 great lots decided to turn up at the same time. I'd been watching the tracking click to delivered and had to endure several more hours at work anticipating opening the two parcels when I got home. Sad but true. Though I'm sure many of you can understand.

First the NZ sourced Post War lot, single collection deceased estate finds, probably paid more than I should but the condition is outstanding...
(more photo's of all the models below are at the album link at the bottom of this post)

39d Buick Viceroy Sedan

39a Packard Super 8 Tourer

34c Loudspeaker Van

30c Daimler

Lastly Plastic Firemen, perfect accompaniment for the boxed Dinky Fire Station a number of pages back...

Next up are a number of Hard to Find models sourced from the UK several weeks ago one of which I've already previewed.

38f Jaguar SS in rare Brown

36d Rover, I usually don't buy items missing headlights or bumpers, but mid blue is hard to find.

36a Armstrong Siddeley Limousine

30c Pre War Daimler

Finally the very special / very rare 1 of only 650 produced Joseph Mason Paints Mini. Only thing slightly "wrong" with it is it is missing the "Paints" sign from the head board.

This last item will take pride of place in the new Display cabinet I recently purchased below. I'm planning apart from this Mini to solely have pre war items in here. This cabinet will be my bridgehead into the rest of the house from my model room and garage displays as the missus has consented to have this in the lounge. I liked the varying shelf sizes and heights as well as the unusual asian nature of this, but I'm sure it won't be to everyones taste. Will upload pictures on the weekend of the populated cabinet if I manage to find time to get it hung.

Cheers

Dave

Album Link
https://postimg.cc/gallery/1slpohnpi/
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Well Dave, you've done it again, sourced mostly museum condition models to show us a simply dazzling display!

The Masons Mini is a fabulous example despite what it has lost. These models are suposed to be painted with the actual paint being promoted by Masons, so doing 650 must have been a bit of a pain for Dinky and Masons, as Dinky would want to build a few thousand but Masons probably were not in a position to supply the amount of paint Dinky is used to!

When this is in the display cabinet, make sure you take it out on a regular basis to let it breath new air and check the tyres for any signs of age related degredation such as hardness. If it were mine, I would remove the tyres and coat them in Armoural rubber protectant from Halfords or similar.

Ghosthunter.
diecastfan

Post by diecastfan »

Dave these models are brilliant really nice examples. :D
Kev

Happy collecting..
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Thanks Guys for the positive comments.

Just got the cabinet shown above hung and populated. Predominantly prewar. One of the Tractors is a repaint and the 28 series van is a white metal reproduction and of course the Mini Van is much later.

The bear is an interloper and the price of admission for the Dinky toys in to the lounge........

Cheers

Dave
diecastfan

Post by diecastfan »

Dave i like the look of your wall cabinet and your models look right at home within the cabinet. :)
Kev

Happy collecting..
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

The models have gone in there nicely and the two RAC type roadside boxes fit perfectly in their little spaces!

Ghosthunter.
jeff f

Post by jeff f »

hi, the estate haul was a very nice buy, i love the sand coloured daimler, it looks in really good condition, i just got a 39 chrysler in that colour, loveing that display case, so diffrent but that age models look right at home
Last edited by jeff f on Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

Your new display cabinet looks great. The quirky shelf layout adds interest and suits the wide variety of Dinky Toys featured. The only problem I can see is that it is already full! :D

Your Joseph Mason van is just superb, and your other recent additions are great too - I can see why you're pleased.