RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Dinky toys by Meccano
Idris
Site Admin

Re: RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Post by Idris »

Shane wrote:hmmmm, suddenly I cant see pictures (just little boxes with "X"'s).
No such problems here.
Bako

Post by Bako »

RSSierra wrote:Busy week for arrivals....

I've got my eye on a stunning lot of models at the moment, just debating whether I'm willing to spend twice as much as I ever have in one go....Watch this space to see if I'm brave or silly enough to take the plunge!

Cheers

Dave
Good luck with your large purchase if you do decide to go ahead, I'm sure the results will be very interesting to see, but are you sure you have any more room left to store them :)
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Idris wrote:
Shane wrote:hmmmm, suddenly I cant see pictures (just little boxes with "X"'s).
No such problems here.
...or here.

Ghosty.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Shane wrote:Wow! Those are some great additions. I never knew about the Octopus b lack hubs or the metallic green Fairlane.
Bizarrely after looking for the black plastic hub Leyland Octopus She'll BP tanker for years, I acquire another one within a month, which is a completely different variation, I didn't even know existed. Pics to come when it arrives.

The large investment I mentioned above has run into a snag, which at least delays it and potentially at worst makes it non viable. So I chose to spend elsewhere in the interim on 5 HTF items, one of which is a factory produced promo with limited production of 650 in 1967......Any guesses?

Cheers
Dave
Bako

Post by Bako »

RSSierra wrote:So I chose to spend elsewhere in the interim on 5 HTF items, one of which is a factory produced promo with limited production of 650 in 1967......Any guesses?

Cheers
Dave
This one but in much better condition?

Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

650 makes me think of the Joseph Mason Mini Van, but I may be wrong as I thought that was made a little later than 1967 (the Great Book of Dinky says 1969, and I seem to recall reading either 1970 or 71 somewhere. Any promotional item is a great find, so I look forward to seeing it!

Edit - Bako's post appeared while I was typing mine, I see he is thinking of the same item!
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Well done gents, you're both right. Original auction photos below will have to do until this turns up. Very good condition, minus headboard "Paints" sign with both original rear doors. Depending upon what you read release date varies between 1967 and 1970. I'm just happy to have it. The other Dinky's obtained from this seller are also out of the ordinary. More to come.....

Arrivals this week are:

30b Rolls Royce

A couple of Mini's I got in a bulk lot of modern matchbox beaters for peanuts

Hawker Hurricane in Battle of Britain livery, 1/2 white / 1/2 black underside

Alongside a blank brass casting I recently got of this aircraft which is partially polished out at this stage.

Ensign airliner is Camouflage 1940-41

With Hurricane for scale.

Cheers

Dave
Shane

Post by Shane »

Lovely aircraft but I want that mini Mason Paints
Play with toys and be forever young!
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Shane wrote:Lovely aircraft but I want that mini Mason Paints
you'll have to join the queue!

Ghosty.
Bako

Post by Bako »

RSSierra wrote:Well done gents, you're both right. Original auction photos below will have to do until this turns up. Very good condition, minus headboard "Paints" sign with both original rear doors. Depending upon what you read release date varies between 1967 and 1970. I'm just happy to have it. The other Dinky's obtained from this seller are also out of the ordinary. More to come.....

Dave

Looking at the photos your Masons van appears to have rubber rather than Nylon tyres. I have a new logo AA Mini van with white roof which I think came out around 1970. This is fitted with a silver base and Nylon tyres whereas my Masons van has a black base (unfortunately it did not come with tyres).

Not sure when the rubber tyres were dropped completely, but if these are fitted and original it may suggest an earlier production date than 1969?