RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Dinky toys by Meccano
RSSierra

Re: RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Post by RSSierra »

Thanks Ghosty, is that just recent or has it been happening for a while?

If you could tell me which pictures are the issue I can investigate, I'm not currently dong anything different as far as I know.

Cheets
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hi Dave.

It has been happening for a while but your most recently posted pictures are losing more from the right hand side. It became more noticable with your lot of Military models here...viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3562&start=470#p77229

As you are using 'postimage' you can have your images slightly resized by clicking on the pull-down size options at the end of the first box on this screen.

Ghosthunter.
Shane

Post by Shane »

Wow! Those are some great additions. I never knew about the Octopus b lack hubs or the metallic green Fairlane.
Play with toys and be forever young!
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Right, Hopefully I have the sizing right from now on...

This weeks arrivals:

Foden Regent Tanker

Closely followed in the letter box by an Atlas version

Group shot of the repaint I already had plus the two new arrivals

Military Items

bought as a lot as I needed another 18 Pounder to complete a Dragon set

Road Signs

And a few aircraft

Comet in Red. I've got another one of these on its way to add to the three I now have so watch the variations thread for the combined shot shortly.

Armstrong Whitworth - Explorer. My second colour variation of this one. Photo's taken before I have had a chance to clean it up so It will look better shortly.

Percival Gull - stunning condition for a prewar model (1934-40).

Next lot is a bit of a new direction for me Prewar O Gauge Dinky (and some Britains) figures, bought with a method in the madness:

Some platform furniture:

Scales

Nestles Candy Bar Dispenser

The quality of the above two items is amazing

Tinplate and lead items

Various Milk Churns

Finally the reason I bought this lot is below

Complete undamaged prewar airmail box. I was lucky this was hiding at the back of the auction photo, so I got the whole lot for less than the usual price of this item alone. Very Happy to have finally obtained one of these.

When these items turned up they were accompanied by a letter from the seller explaining the items history. he was clearing out his fathers "railway layout" shed and these items hadn't been touched for years... To prove the point he left them in the newspaper they were wrapped in, when he sent them to me. Check out the headlines (and publication dates) below:

Cheers

Dave
Last edited by RSSierra on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Another fabulous set of collectibles and I am including the newspapaer cuttings, great stuff :D

Those planes are in really amazing condition and what stories they could tell us!

Ghosthunter.
Shane

Post by Shane »

the original Regent = me jelous :mrgreen:
Bako

Post by Bako »

I particularly like the boxed road signs, Air Mail post box and Nestle dispenser. The wartime papers are great, did you buy this lot from the UK?
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Bako wrote:I particularly like the boxed road signs, Air Mail post box and Nestle dispenser. The wartime papers are great, did you buy this lot from the UK?
Hi, yes, most of the Dinky's I get are from the UK. The Percival Gull came from Australia which is unusual.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Busy week for arrivals....

Continental Coach - Restored

French Dinky Autobus - Pre War

Tin Plate top and bottom. Diecast Chassis and wheels

3/4 of a Pre War Lead Mixed Goods Train Gift set - Just need to locate a log carriage

Pre War Medium Tank - with unit markings (Triangles) only on pre war variants. This one is slowly blowing itself apart, but is very hard to find.

I only noticed after taking these photo's that it still has its aerial (which is super rare to find), its just slipped through the turret and is resting on the chassis.

Base plate once fitted perfectly, now not so much.

Brinks Armoured Car

Studebaker

Finally a group with a tenuous connection to Dinky. Meccano produced pewter figures. Theres 7 in the set, I've been watching a group of 6 unboxed soldiers on our local website for about a year priced at an immovable $190.00. Got these 4 boxed versions from the Uk for 12 quid plus shipping. There deceptive larger than in all the photo's I've seen before, they are in fact on average 11cm's high...

An example of the blurb on the back and the Meccano branding.

I've got my eye on a stunning lot of models at the moment, just debating whether I'm willing to spend twice as much as I ever have in one go....Watch this space to see if I'm brave or silly enough to take the plunge!

Cheers

Dave
Shane

Post by Shane »

hmmmm, suddenly I cant see pictures (just little boxes with "X"'s). Other threads, no problem though. The other arrivals RSSierra posted earlier in this thread that I could see, I cannot now.