Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
DrJeep

Re: Toy fair news

Post by DrJeep »

Does anyone else think there’s something odd about the wheels on the Ferrari? I wonder how the back one got broken on a model in such good condition, and the front left looks a bit chewed. I’d like to be wrong!
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

DrJeep wrote:Does anyone else think there’s something odd about the wheels on the Ferrari? I wonder how the back one got broken on a model in such good condition, and the front left looks a bit chewed. I’d like to be wrong!
In theory the wheels would not have been tampered with just a base swap, is there any marks in the arches John. Apart from that it looks pretty good in the pictures.
J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

nearlymint wrote:In theory the wheels would not have been tampered with just a base swap, is there any marks in the arches John. Apart from that it looks pretty good in the pictures.
J
Agreed, but these do look odd to me - I think the other rear wheel is on the wrong way round as well, with the dished (concave) side facing outwards. I don't know why the wheels would be taken off.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I am so pleased the Windsor Toy Fair can still supply eagerly sought after models.

Regards the Ferrari wheels the design is 'Convex', concave is an inwards design as seen on the base rivets, these are convcave.
Concave-Convex..JPG
Concave-Convex..JPG (12.13 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
But we know what DrJeep meant.

Ghosthunter.
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:I am so pleased the Windsor Toy Fair can still supply eagerly sought after models.

Regards the Ferrari wheels the design is 'Convex', concave is an inwards design as seen on the base rivets, these are convcave.
Concave-Convex..JPG
But we know what DrJeep meant.

Ghosthunter.
Sadly, I don't think you do! Have another look at the left hand rear wheel. Its concave face is facing outwards. It should be convex (yes, I really do know the difference). The outer face should be convex. The inner face on these wheels is slightly concave.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

OK Glenn, I see what you are getting at and agree that rear left does look different and I am hoping it is just the reflections in the chrome plate. Maybe John (''Jisherwood''), will come back and reveal the truth...

Ghosthunter.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Potters Bar toy fair is on as the last event was cancelled due to bad weather.

Sunday, May 13, 2018, 10:30 to 14:30

Elm Court Youth and Community Centre.
363 Mutton Lane,
Potters Bar,
EN6 3BP.

Ghosty intends going to this event, see you there!!
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:I am hoping it is just the reflections in the chrome plate. Maybe John (''Jisherwood''), will come back and reveal the truth....
Yes, it could be a reflection - let’s hope so. The break on the other rear wheel is odd, though.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

DrJeep wrote:The break on the other rear wheel is odd, though.
Could the bite out of the hub have been caused by misalignment of the axle peening head? It looks to be about the right size. If this were the cause, then inspection of the tyre should reveal matching damage (but probably rotated away from the bite).
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

Idris wrote:Could the bite out of the hub have been caused by misalignment of the axle peening head? It looks to be about the right size. If this were the cause, then inspection of the tyre should reveal matching damage (but probably rotated away from the bite).
Brilliant! That must be it - it explains the perfect arc in the bite. That makes the Ferrari more convincing - a faker would have found a base with better wheels. Though I still don’t like the axle peening on the front!