#39 Zodiac conundrum

Restoration how to's
Sidebottom

#39 Zodiac conundrum

Post by Sidebottom »

I have a #39 Zodiac, peach with silver wheels. Unfortunately the windscreen surround was bent and it broke as I tried to remedy it. Do you reckon it is worth buying a good donor and adding it to the base or is any real worth gone? As context, a grey-wheeled playworn version just sold for $63AUD on ebay, extraordinary money to my, albeit undeducated eye.
red-thumb

Re: #39 Zodiac conundrum

Post by red-thumb »

Sidebottom wrote:I have a #39 Zodiac, peach with silver wheels. Unfortunately the windscreen surround was bent and it broke as I tried to remedy it. Do you reckon it is worth buying a good donor and adding it to the base or is any real worth gone? As context, a grey-wheeled playworn version just sold for $63AUD on ebay, extraordinary money to my, albeit undeducated eye.
G'day,
I would not want to pay for a made up model (tampered with) even though I do buy play worn so that I can get more variations.
I have just purchased a grey wheeled in good condition and a silver wheeled broken tow hook for less than AU$40 (for both) on Ebay UK.
Keep looking, as this model is one of MY favourites also.
Cheers
Red Down Under.
Attachments
ssss.jpg
ssss.jpg (145.68 KiB) Viewed 3788 times
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (146.97 KiB) Viewed 3788 times
Tinman

Re: #39 Zodiac conundrum

Post by Tinman »

There is not much on these models that one can straighten without it breaking (larger areas of a body can sometimes be tweaked). Anything else you do to the model is tampering. I would either enjoy it as is or install a replacement windscreen frame and restore the model (the all or nothing approach).
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."