Re: RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

A sight for sore Eyes...

...and Two Lucas AEC tankers!!

Ghosthunter.
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

These group shots really show how impressive your ever-growing Dinky collection is. Looks like you'll be needing some new drawers soon!
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Funny you should mention that, I'm looking for another set of plan drawers for the garage. I've currently got boxed models stacked up to 3 high in a display case in the garage which gravity will have an effect on shortly unless I get them back to a single layer.
Bako

Post by Bako »

Are the Tarmac and Wimpey Antars code 3 models? I understand both these former household name companies were absorbed by the now demised Carillion.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Bako wrote:Are the Tarmac and Wimpey Antars code 3 models? I understand both these former household name companies were absorbed by the now demised Carillion.
Yes, they are code 3's along with the British Steel version.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Acquisitions have slowed down lately as there hasn't been much that caught my eye. So whilst the number of additions below is small, several of them I have been after for a very long time and am very happy to have picked up.

VW, unusual in that it has a non original driver, it fits so well it is impossible to remove.

Atlas Willeme Covered Artic'

With my original

Citroen Laitier Original, been after this one for a very long time. Prices are always crazy but this one was a bargain.

With the Atlas Version

Strangely this is the only Atlas I am aware of which differs markedly from the construction of the original. The original has a large rivet in the middle of the load bed, the Atlas doesn't

Dublo Austin Royal Mail Van

Final item was my bargain of the year so far (possibly last year too) and it has a bit of a story. I spent yesterday with a fellow Dinky Toy Collectors Association member out here in NZ from the UK, Ken Cowdry. We visited the Auckland Museum of Transport and Technology (http://www.motat.cc.nz) as well as a few other local attractions, at the end of the day, after Ken had spent a short time at my home looking at my collection we decided to stop at my one of my Local model shops before I dropped him back to his accomodation. This shop is the only one here in Auckland that buys and sells second hand collections. Ken picked up a Boxed rerelease Micro Model and a very cheap book, but I spotted the Blaw Know Heavy Tractor below which is very hard to find in blue. The icing on the cake was it was $40.00 or roughly equivalent to 21 quid. I've added some spare tracks to complete it.

Cheers

Dave
Last edited by RSSierra on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hi Dave.

Love the Blue VW and with a driver a much better item to own. So many models are driverless making them appear lifeless!

The little Royal Mail Van is in fact more Morris than Austin. While the Two companies are linked in real life, I am not aware of the Austin badge being used on car based light commercials.

Nice find on the #563, Heavy Tractor, definitely an uncommon colour.

Ghosthunter.
Sebastian10

Post by Sebastian10 »

Ghosthunter

I think from memory the Austin badge was used on a number of late model morris minor vans/pickups

The austin badge was definitely used on a number of car based light base commercials - here is the link to a good web site with photos :) :)

http://www.simoncars.co.uk/austincv/austincv.html

Sebastian
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank's Sebastian.

I did not find any Austin badged Morris Minor based Vans on that site, but did find this on another website...

Shortly after the introduction of the 8cwt truck option, Morris was absorbed into the British Leyland empire. By this time badge engineering was in full flow, and it was decided that an Austin-badged version of the Minor commercials would be a good idea. Apart from the grille, badging, and hubcaps it was the same vehicle as the Morris. Production of both pickup models continued until 1971.

So yes, it seems they do exist.

Ghosthunter.