Anyone seen another...

The Matchbox box, blister, catalogue and paperwork forum.
ChFalkensteiner

Re: Anyone seen another...

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

Viewfield wrote:Where would this fit-in?

Discussed in another thread, photo borrowed from thread.

Rod
It is from 1965, as that is the date of the box. The same blistercard design was used in the USA from 1965 to 1969.

Regarding the fact that this particular pack contains either just a box and no model or the model inside the box, this is something I have not seen before. I have nothing to add to the comments made in the other thread.
ChFalkensteiner

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

Tinman wrote:Here are the other blister cards for the 1960's regular wheel models. I do not know the time frame for the blister without the box.

The blisterpacks without boxes, i.e. only with models inside were introduced in 1969. I do not think any were made before that year.

The rightmost blisterpack is a bit of an anachronism as it cannot have been issued earlier than late 1969 (more likely 1970) but it contains an E type box from 1968 - presumably leftover stock used up.

On the other hand, the leftmost blisterpack is the opposite case of a later box (F type) in an earlier blisterpack.

This goes to show that in 1969/70 a lot of overlap of packaging types occurred at the factory during the Superfast transition.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Viewfield wrote:Where would this fit-in?

Discussed in another thread, photo borrowed from thread.

Rod
Yes, that's the blister card I was thinking about as mentioned at the end of my last post. Good to know I'm not the only one who's never seen that card.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

ChFalkensteiner wrote:
Tinman wrote:Here are the other blister cards for the 1960's regular wheel models. I do not know the time frame for the blister without the box.

The blisterpacks without boxes, i.e. only with models inside were introduced in 1969. I do not think any were made before that year.

The rightmost blisterpack is a bit of an anachronism as it cannot have been issued earlier than late 1969 (more likely 1970) but it contains an E type box from 1968 - presumably leftover stock used up.

On the other hand, the leftmost blisterpack is the opposite case of a later box (F type) in an earlier blisterpack.

This goes to show that in 1969/70 a lot of overlap of packaging types occurred at the factory during the Superfast transition.
Here's another one that you would think would be on the newer blister card than the one which it's on.

It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Matchboxpat

Post by Matchboxpat »

Clearly the rarest blisterpacks !

As Christian said, these are the very first blisterpacks to be put on the market. These are extremely rare and fetch a very high price. Even the popular auction houses and sites rarely have them in their listings.
Matchbox Pat
The Vintage Lesney Online... Your Reference for Lesney Boxes !
http://www.vintagebritishdiecasts.co.uk ... index.html
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

The very early and simple blisterpacks shown in earlier Posts here with the arrow pointing down at the model packed on top of the box are not Canadian, but the earliest F.B.C. or Fred Bronner Corporation blisters out of his East Coast New York/ New Jersey distribution center. They were hard to find when brand new, got ripped open and thrown away by everyone buying them, and as rare as hens teeth to be found still complete and sealed today! Most outlets we shopped at had the free cardboard displays that Bronner supplied to their Dealers, and not Bronner's brand new for 1963 special self service pegboards to pick your Lesneys from. Five and Dime Stores like Woolworths and Kresgees had the only blister pack pegboards for both Husky and Lesney models that I can recall from my early sixties Toy Shopping youth. Toy Stores, Hobby Shops, Drug Stores and most large Department Stores had salespeople and a drawer full of Mokos to match the stock of the cardboard displays that customers used to select their favorite models from. Their job was to talk you into buying several models while you were shopping in their store that day, not just one. "Whats another dollar for such a well behaved kid" was their favorite sales line, and it worked most days! We kids loved that, and I still remember many of their pleasant faces even after 50 years have passed by us. With that thought I feel old enough to head off to bed now...... ;) Kwakers