Nick´s 1:1 #5c

Matchbox toys in real life, photos and videos
nickjones
Site Admin

Re: Nick´s 1:1 #5c

Post by nickjones »

Yes, that was me in the dark blue jacket, also on the top deck is club member Paul Tyler and on the right side edge of the pic is Terry Redburn the official club beer taster and general loony, I'm not sure who the other 3 with their backs to the camera are.
I remember taking the bus to a custom show (Surrey Street Rodders ?) at a cattle market down south somewhere. We arrived at the show after it had opened and I pulled up outside, I had my legal limit of 8 passengers but the bus quickly filled up with club members that had their cars on show, The guy manning the gate said we're full up and there's no room for your bus, we took a quick vote and decided to park at the local pub.
So I continued down the road, went around the roundabout and came back past the gate, Unknown to me several of the guys had decided it would be fun to moon as we drove past so stood on the rear platform and dropped their trousers, The guy manning the gate waved me down so I pulled up pretty sharpish.
The mooners, being unable to steady themselves all fell over, So the guy on the gate says we can park in the car park opposite but I said no we're going to the pub and promptly drove off,
So. I did not see the young police officer but he noticed us, or he noticed the pile of bodies sans trousers and attempted to board the bus as we were driving away, He lost his helmet on the lowered entrance roof but made it onto the bus, Next thing I knew was Terry Redburn tapping me on the shoulder saying I should stop, saying "we have picked up a passenger", so I stop the bus. The young policeman is fuming, He says to the mooners "Don't you know there are women and children out there". So Debbie says "There are women and children in here too". He did not know what to say so he got off and went to retrieve his helmet, I was very lucky he never asked to see my driving licence as we now had about 30 passengers or more,
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
zBret

Post by zBret »

LMAO
Great story Nick !

zBret
mrmoko

Post by mrmoko »

Are ya sure that's you nick ? That guy's got hair :lol: Top bus .
SportWagon

Post by SportWagon »

I am contemplating scale modelling of sorts, probably of an AEC Regent RT, and it would be useful to know the outside diameter of London bus tires. I've found it surprisingly difficult to web-search the specs for London bus wheels and tires, and I wondered if you would have any references, having dealt with the real thing.

Sometimes it's good to know what the actual real-life dimensions were, rather than try to model base on another approximate model.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Where's ''Fred7A'' when we need him... :D

Ghosty.