DSCN6241.JPG (20.14 KiB) Viewed 7838 times
DSCN6242.JPG
DSCN6242.JPG (21.62 KiB) Viewed 7838 times
DSCN6243.JPG
DSCN6243.JPG (24.28 KiB) Viewed 7838 times
kwakers

Re: 6c Euclid Dump truck

Post by kwakers »

I'm afraid the "No Step" and the "Small Step" examples both look alike on my computer Antonin. Perhaps an angled picture would work here, but I still worry the yellows on these perfect condition Dumpers do not contrast this casting very well.
I am writing down this date Antonin because your reply in not finding the other base you mention sounds a lot like an old confused Cave Man Kwakers some days on these "Special" Non-Stannard variations.....
Perhaps John has sold this other unknown B Base with England on a flat platform and we were BOTH outbid on it (?) We have 22 different Tippers in our collection which includes 3 "Errors". We have 7 different Tipper types, but I do not record this curious 8th type you mention above. I have had both listed codes of "Stannard's F" (B with bar underneath, England on RAISED platform) Type Tipper base models in our collection since 2014, so I never bother looking at the "Made in England" on these bases now when I find others. I certainly will as of today!!
Keep looking Antonin, I am sure you have 100+ of these Great Dumpers to turn over now....... ;) Dick
Diecast

Post by Diecast »

Thanks Dick for your remark. You are right, the illumination of the model is bad and the step is not clearly visible. I will add a new photo of the model with the small step. I think this variation is quite rare.
Antonin
Attachments
DSCN6244.JPG
DSCN6244.JPG (17.8 KiB) Viewed 7800 times
yellowfoden

Post by yellowfoden »

Diecast wrote:Four variations of the right cab step:
a) no step
b) small step
c) thin step
d) thicker step
Hello Antonin,

I have several models that may be the start of why this step came about. On my models this lines up with a mould line and flashing exists in the area of step that has been painted over. I wonder if tool damage resulted in the step being created as a means to correct the mould.
Thanks for adding the updated pic of this very small step.

Bert
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

This new photo of that "Small step" is very sharp and clear now Antonin. Thank You!
I have never seen one of these "Small" steps on our models or any I have looked at anywhere. I think you are right about this one being very rare Antonin and I am sure it will be very hard for me to find one as nice as yours.
I am sure after 5 years of mass production of this popular Dumper, Bert's theory of Lesney having to add this step to fix an aging mold in a fast cheap manner is correct. I may have to pull some of ours out to check that step area over closely. :geek: Kwakers
Malibu

Post by Malibu »

Hi all,

my wife is watching Grace and Franky at the moment so I have some time to look at my Euclid dump trucks.
I just found two differences who are not listed in Nicks list.
Just look at the picture the differences are encircled.
(c) Malibu
(c) Malibu
Euclid_6c.JPG (83.73 KiB) Viewed 7737 times
Stephan
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

The fender line could be a particular casting flaw on that one model Stephan, but we can check all ours to see whether it turns up frequently on some more of these Dumpers. If so, we may find it occurs on a particular body, so we shall see what we find.
The top ridge on the Dump box is a pretty large casting difference that we have all missed up until now Stephan. What a Great job on spotting that one! It is my Son's Birthday today, so I expect we will be going to Dinner and a Movie later this afternoon. I will get out some of our different codes and see which ones use the shorter and the longer top ridge tomorrow if I am not hungover from New Years too badly..... ;) Cheers! Kwakers
Malibu

Post by Malibu »

I do own eight of these models: Code 3,8,17,18,19,25 and 26. One is repainted.
The models with the fender line are all body 1: Code 3,8,17,18 and 19.
These models do have a slightly thicker (~+0,3mm) fender.
There´s also a thickening on the inside of the fender.
Nick has a good picture on his lists - I made a copy of it.
Fender_6c.JPG
Fender_6c.JPG (26.92 KiB) Viewed 7702 times
The models with the shorter top ridge are code 19 and 26.
These are models with the "B" both variations (tipper 3 and 6).
The shorter top ridge is only on the left side.

I´m wondering what will appear while others checking their models.

Stephan
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

Malibu wrote:The models with the fender line are all body 1: Code 3,8,17,18 and 19.
These models do have a slightly thicker (~+0,3mm) fender.
There´s also a thickening on the inside of the fender.
All these are body 1 and have the thickening of the front wing too. The casting line isn't obvious on the first of these (Nick's code 7, actually the earliest 6c) but the paint wear makes it clear on the others.
kwakers wrote:The top ridge on the Dump box is a pretty large casting difference that we have all missed up until now Stephan. What a Great job on spotting that one!
Yes, brilliant spot! It's on the fourth of these, also code 19 with tipper B.
Attachments
6c codes 7, 14, 17, 19
6c codes 7, 14, 17, 19
IMG_5445 (1).jpg (350.74 KiB) Viewed 7661 times
durangokid

Post by durangokid »

Here is another variation for consideration compliments of a fellow collector. In regards to possible twin rear wheels variations: The early releases of this variation with the white sleeves have dome shape wheels with the logs in the front and twin concaved backside on the rear. Nick's list shows only the variations with the smooth back wheels and not the non-smooth backed wheels. Here is a photo:

Bill

DurangoKid