Harder to find plastic models

Post photographs of your collection here!
Sebastian10

Harder to find plastic models

Post by Sebastian10 »

I hope no one minds me posting these plastic models on a web site with Diecast in its title!

They were bought as a job lot - I only really wanted the Herald but now that the Bentley is in the collection it is very welcome!

Sebastian
Attachments
Reduced Triumph Herald and Bentley.jpg
Reduced Triumph Herald and Bentley.jpg (90.17 KiB) Viewed 1959 times
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Harder to find plastic models

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Great! I love this sort of thing. The Bentley is a very nice example and despite showing 'TAT' on the baseplate, was always marketed in a 'TELSALDA' branded box. Are the suitcases and spare wheel still in the boot as they should be.

The Tri-Ang Herald is a very hard to find model in very good condition and the only examples I have seen are in Red or White. Not sure if other colours exist.

Ghosthunter.
Sebastian10

Post by Sebastian10 »

Ghosthunter

Glad you like the models. Unfortunately there is no spare wheel or suitcases in the Bentley boot - in fact someone in the past looks as if they have been too rough in handling these as a bit of the black plastic liner in the boot has broken off.

At least the bootlid which seems very fragile is still intact and the friction mechanism works well.

On the subject of Rolls Royces do you have any of the early Lone Star Roadmaster Silver Clouds?

I have been looking for the very rare Grey/Blue combination model with the chrome finish wheels for some time but have never ever seen one listed for sale anywhere - I have a few of the Grey/Black ones in various conditions but only know about the Grey/Blue version because it was listed on a Japanese Lone Star web site which I think may now be defunct.

The Herald was just an impulse buy - if its hard to find then why not give it a go!

I have just one other Triang minic electric. a Ford Zephyr convertile - this is also incomplete with some damage but was bought a few years ago for about £20 which was something of a bargain given the fragility and survivability rate for plastic models and the high price for mint and boxed examples

Sebastian
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hi Sebastian. There are some Lone-Star Rolls-Royce models in this thread...viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1243&hilit=Lone+St ... +Cloud+III but the Blue over Grey model you mention, sadly is not featured and I have never seen one, I only have a couple of bad pictures of it.

Ghosthunter.
Sebastian10

Post by Sebastian10 »

Ghosthunter

Thanks for this - the Silver Cloud restorations look great - especially given there are usually a number of rather tatty ones for sale which seem to be on the market for months at a time - its good to see some of them being revived/regenerated

However I suspect Budgie owners have feelings too and might not take kindly to their models being sacrificed on the Lone Star altar of rejuvenation

I have posted photos of my better Lone Star Silver Clouds and the Blue/Grey one I aspire to on the Lone Star variations forum

Sebastian