Corgi VW Vans

An area for less experienced collectors to ask questions and show their finds.
Kev68

Corgi VW Vans

Post by Kev68 »

Hi I have always loved VW Vans and with me being new to this hobby I thought I would start a collection of these vans so my first purchase is a Corgi vanguard VW police van which should arrive by Friday. Is there anything I need to look for when buying these vw vans. :D
daz28

Re: Corgi VW Vans

Post by daz28 »

Just buy what you like, if your happy with the price you cant go wrong. just be aware of the rare/pre pro fakes unless you know what your looking at
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

daz28 wrote:Just buy what you like, if your happy with the price you cant go wrong. just be aware of the rare/pre pro fakes unless you know what your looking at
Sound advice and all I want to add to that is there are not as many faked items around compaired to the products from Lesney/Matchbox, so there is not as much information regards identifyng faked models and your only guide in that respect, is a forum such as this one where some of the members can try and help you identify models you are not sure about, but hopefuly there will not be that many.

Happy collecting,
Ghosthunter.
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

Kev68 wrote:Hi I have always loved VW Vans and with me being new to this hobby I thought I would start a collection of these vans so my first purchase is a Corgi vanguard VW police van which should arrive by Friday. Is there anything I need to look for when buying these vw vans. :D
Well Kev68... welcome to the slippery slope that is collecting! :lol:

My best advice (and something I wish someone had told me all those years ago) is restrict yourself if possible! If you are going to collect VW vans then try not to let it expand into VWs of all sorts - otherwise you will rapidly find yourself with thousands of models. As it is VW vans is a wide enough range as they come in all sorts of variations - campers, delivery vans, emergency vehicles, military, etc, etc. Perhaps you mean only to collect the old split screen "Kombi" vans or maybe you mean to collect all "Kombi" vans or maybe you really mean ALL VW vans! Then consider - if you mean only "Kombi" vans, does that include the "Kombi" utility vehicles also? See what i mean about the slippery slope? :D

Once you have made some decisions about what to collect... have at it and enjoy! :)

Ian
Kev68

Post by Kev68 »

Hj Ian and thanks for all your advice its mind boggling but yes I'm looking at all VW vans so I will need some deep pockets :lol:
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

...and some deep display cabinets!!

Ghosty.
Kev68

Post by Kev68 »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:...and some deep display cabinets!!

Ghosty.
:lol: looking forward to building up my collection Kevin. :D