Pairings

Any brand, any year, show us your projects.
MatchboxFreak

Re: Pairings

Post by MatchboxFreak »

Wonderful customs Gene!
I applaud your technical abilities but also especially your creative vision on seeing the possibilities to convert two tired toys into two new, never before seen, customs.
Well done! and thank you for sharing.
Happy hunting!
Kurt
zBret

Post by zBret »

Thanks Kurt. I find these so enjoyable to do, even if they do take a bit of time.
I never really know what I'm going to come up with next, I just look around at what I have, and try and see what goes together. When I do find a pair that I'd like to match up, I then go searching online and sure enough, seem to find a photo of the vehicle that I am wanting to make. :D

zBret
zBret

Post by zBret »

This pairing brings together a 21c Commer milk float and a 35a Marshal horsebox, to create a small motorhome, for some summer fun. A similar type vehicle actually existed back in the day. For a bit of play value, I hinged the back door so that it opens and closes.

zBret
ClOwY

Post by ClOwY »

I agree with Matchbox freak above excellent. How many hours roughly did it take?.
Gary
Malibu

Post by Malibu »

zBret wrote:This pairing brings together a 21c Commer milk float and a 35a Marshal horsebox, to create a small motorhome, for some summer fun. A similar type vehicle actually existed back in the day. For a bit of play value, I hinged the back door so that it opens and closes.
What a beauty.
I like it very much.

Stephan
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

That is so neat and tidy, a great custom job.

Ghosthunter.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Great work Gene, especially the rear door.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
Tito

Post by Tito »

Very imaginative. What did you use the cut the vehicle? What kind of filler did you use?

Thanks,
Tito
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Superb and very, very clever.
zBret

Post by zBret »

Thank you for the nice comments. It did come out quite well this pairing, I like it as well ;)

Gary- I don't keep track of how many actual hours i put into a project, if i did i probably wouldn't do it :lol:
This one took about 3 weeks to do, but that's not working on it everyday, just a bit here and there.
The cutting and fitting phase, goes fairly quickly. It t is he painting and finishing, that I get muddled down with, but hopefully I will get better with that, in time.

Tito- I do all the cutting and fitting by hand, using a mini hacksaw and a set of small files. I have a dremel type tool but I don't like to use it for the cutting and fitting as I prefer to do things by hand. I use J.B. Weld two part epoxy for joining the models together, as well as for the filler. It Works very well both as a glue and filler and files and sands quite well when dry, to a smooth metal type finish, It does take a bit of time to set up and dry though. There is a fast set type available, though I have never tried it. I just use the old tried and true original formula.

Here's a pic of the saw and files I use
Overall length of the files are about 6.5 inches / 16 centimeters - handle included.

zBret