Pairings

Any brand, any year, show us your projects.
zBret

Re: Pairings

Post by zBret »

Stephan, things lined up just right width wise, didn't have to do anything to the width. :)

zBret
Tito

Post by Tito »

Nice.

Tito
zBret

Post by zBret »

This time a 2d Mercedes trailer met up with a 15c Dennis refuse truck. I was able to get two customs out of the pair,
a tipper truck, for those bulky items on big trash day and a little camping trailer.

The leaf springs/axle mounts and hitch tongue from the 2d were used on the camping trailer. The curved hydro sleeve tilt pin from the 15c was incorporated onto the the bed of the tipper so it dumps and a drop gate was added.
As the color of the camping trailer was pretty close to the 36a Austin, it was pressed into service as a tow car.

zBret
Last edited by zBret on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

They are brilliant custom models, so professional they could easily be shown in a catalogue as factory finished items. You are extending the range of Matchbox models in a way Lesney could have done themselves.

Ghosthunter.
motorman

Post by motorman »

You really are getting good at this custom game Gene. Very exciting models that look great, I love the camper trailer :D
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
zBret

Post by zBret »

Thanks guys ;)
Having fun doing these. I find it enjoyable to be creative an to transform what would otherwise be ordinary playworn models into something a bit different.

I noticed that Photosuckit has just decided to try make me pay ransom and now seems all my photos are gone from the forum.
So being neither rich nor an idiot I have switched to Imjur which seems to have a similar interface, apparently works well and is without ads. May take a bit of time to change my photos over though.

zBret
Malibu

Post by Malibu »

In a Germany we have a term for people who are watching modelrailroads called "Modellbahnlächeln".
It means people mainly men between 40 and 80 years who look at modelrailroads with a special kind of smile on their faces.
We could create a new term for example "modelcarsmile" for models like this.

Stephan
matchboxtom

Post by matchboxtom »

Those are super. Thanks for sharing.
zBret

Post by zBret »

Thanks Tom. A new pairing was started today... stay tuned ;)
Malibu wrote:...We could create a new term for example "modelcarsmile" for models like this. Stephan
Sounds good to me Stephan
zBret
Bob/Ohio

Post by Bob/Ohio »

Great job again, I really like the camping trailer!

Bob