52b - BRM Racer with #52 decals, 7 new codes ???

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
DevilsAdvocate

52b - BRM Racer with #52 decals, 7 new codes ???

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

Greetings All,

I just recently acquired a BRM with three "52" decals. I am still collecting a bit more information on its origin, but so far it came from a garage sale out of Tampa Bay, Florida in the USA, That would explain the light corrosion on the base, since it is by the sea and very humid. I have been discussing it with Idris on PM and will be posting pictures below with other BRM examples, but in doing so discovered that not a single one of my 9 BRM's match a current code on "The List".

The most significant model I possess is with 3 "52" decals. The other features are Exhaust Brackets, 4 ribs and no guides with small text. It would seem to be an earlier model with the 4 ribs and no guides, but the collective knowledge here may know otherwise.

Does anyone out there have any more information they would like to share?

(Will post pic shortly in an edit, since photos are on my phone.) Here is a picture of all of them and they are numbered bottom left as #1 going right to #5, the #6 is on the box and #7 is top left going right to #9.

#1: Blue, Brackets, currently missing Driver - small text, with guides, 4 ribs, no number & no code, same as #5 & #6 Iisted below.

#2: Blue, Brackets, with driver - small text, with guides, 4 ribs, 3 decals - No Code, but closest to the new Code 7, but with small text instead of the large text.

#3: Blue, Brackets, with driver - small text, No Guides, 4 ribs, 52 decals - No code and no other 52's mentioned.

#4: Blue/Dark Blue, Brackets, with driver - small text, No Guides, 3 ribs, 5 label - No Code, if normal blue then code is similar to code#10 except with small text, if dark blue then close to Code#13, but with 3 ribs.

#5: Blue, Brackets, Headless Driver - small text, With Guides, 4 ribs, no number, no code, same configuration as #1 & #6 in this list.

#6: Blue, Brackets, currently missing driver - small text, with Guides, 4 ribs, no number, no code, same configuration as #1 & #5 in this list.

#7: Red, Brackets, currently missing driver - small text, with Guides, 4 ribs, 5 decals - no code, but close to code#14, but with Guides.

#8: Red, Brackets, with driver - large text, with Guides, 4 ribs, 5 labels - no code, but close to code#18, but with 4 ribs.

#9: Red, Brackets, with driver - small text, with Guides, 4 ribs, 5 decals - no code, but close to code#14, but with guides.

#1, #5 & #6 in my opinion are most likely and similar to Code#12, but with 4 ribs, this would assume that the numbers were 5 labels and have been removed or fell off on all of them. They were NOT acquired together, actually I don't think any of them were except #2 & #7 in my list above. So there is a chance that particular model did not come with numbers at all.

Thank you for your time and attention
Attachments
IMG_6138.JPG
IMG_6138.JPG (223.28 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
Last edited by DevilsAdvocate on Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DevilsAdvocate

Re: 52b - BRM Racer with #52 decals, 7 new codes ???

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

More Pictures
Attachments
52b - #52 decal brm racer
52b - #52 decal brm racer
IMG_6146.JPG (197.36 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
52 decal brm racer - compare
IMG_6139.JPG (274.03 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
Red 52 decal brm racer - closeup compare
Red 52 decal brm racer - closeup compare
IMG_6141.JPG (152.38 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
IMG_6142.JPG (187.1 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
52 decal brm racer - closeup compare
52 decal brm racer - closeup compare
IMG_6143.JPG (194.75 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
52 decal brm racer - head closeup
52 decal brm racer - head closeup
IMG_6140.JPG (192.84 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
52 decal brm racer - left side
52 decal brm racer - left side
IMG_6144.JPG (182.75 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
52 decal brm racer - right side
52 decal brm racer - right side
IMG_6145.JPG (187.55 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
52 decal brm racer - Underbelly
52 decal brm racer - Underbelly
IMG_6147.JPG (218.68 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
52 decal brm racer - bottom close More light
52 decal brm racer - bottom close More light
IMG_6148.JPG (197.53 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
52 decal brm racer - bottom close less light
52 decal brm racer - bottom close less light
IMG_6149.JPG (219.86 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
52 decal brm racer - rear view
52 decal brm racer - rear view
IMG_6150.JPG (172.75 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
Last edited by DevilsAdvocate on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

We welcome lots of picturers here on the forum but those you have posted are the largest I have seen so far and even with my screen's zoom set to it's extreme, I still can not see all the images as intended. I can resize them (plus some minor editing), but will take a very long time. I understand you have posted from your phone. Is there any way you can redo them from a computer where you can easily resize them yourslef.

Ghosthunter.
DevilsAdvocate

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:We welcome lots of picturers here on the forum but those you have posted are the largest I have seen so far and even with my screen's zoom set to it's extreme, I still can not see all the images as intended. I can resize them (plus some minor editing), but will take a very long time. I understand you have posted from your phone. Is there any way you can redo them from a computer where you can easily resize them yourslef.

Ghosthunter.
I will resize them by tomorrow most likely, and update the post. They did seem a bit large, but then again I am from Texas.

I am a Texan who believes in moderation, so with definitely take care of it ASAP.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

OK, thank's for that. Any problems just come back here and let me know.

Ghosthunter.
DevilsAdvocate

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

Pictures resized as requested.

FYI - Idris mentioned to me there is an error in the 52b codes listings and that the "with guides" is really "no guides" and vice versa, so maybe not as many variations.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thank you for resizing your pictures. Still a bit large, but because of the point you are trying to bring across, I will leave them as they are so the details can be seen.

Ghosthunter.
DevilsAdvocate

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

That was my thought. The details really are important, which is why I didn't go to 640, but to 1280.
In the future you can rest assured that my pictures will be more appropriately sized.

Hopefully I can get a little insight and clarification with this particular model.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

It's interesting that this model's box art shows no. 5 decals, suggest that was always the intention and that this is most likely not a pre-production but rather represents the factory using up old stock from the 52a Maserati.
DevilsAdvocate

Post by DevilsAdvocate »

I agree. Also if pre-pro I would assume that the exhaust brackets would be missing? Is that a reasonable assumption?

What I'm curious about is if two models with the same production number such as 52a Maserati and 52b BRM ever have overlapping production?

With the 52 number on it, it seems to be authentic when comparing them, especially side by side. The rivet looks factory sprayed and never tampered with. The paint has near identical properties to the others. One of the things that sold me on it being authentic, besides what I have already shared, is that 1 or 2 of the decals are a little askew, which seems counterintuitive to a fake.

What are others opinions on authenticity?

Thank you kindly for your thoughts.