Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Toy fair news

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

fixer wrote:Ghosty,
just a quickie to say hope it went well at the new venue
Thank's Reg. It seems to have gone well, many commented on the ease of access, the good indoor lighting, close toilet facilities and the good outdoor sign posting, something I did late Friday evening.

A surprising number of early bird entries and then a rush of customers for a good solid half hour then a steady flow during the rest of the Day upto around 1.30pm.

I have not crunched the numbers yet, but considering we were half the size of the old Montem sports centre toy fair, we did well.

No problems of concern through the Day and many dealers rebooking for September so from looking like we might lose Windsor due to falling attendancies from dealers and buyers and the retirement of the long serving organiser, I like to think we have saved it with the right organizing and input from myself and my bookings manager/partner.

Tim did pop in and show his face...I hope it was his face, I was'nt really looking, I was on duty... :lol:

Glad you made it Tim, always nice to see you.

Ghosthunter.
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

It was a nice little fair Kev, no complaints apart from the fact there was very little Matchbox lol, plenty of other things though. Who knows I might even book a table next time ;)
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

tjlglass wrote:It was a nice little fair Kev, no complaints apart from the fact there was very little Matchbox lol, plenty of other things though. Who knows I might even book a table next time ;)
Tim, you are more than welcome to book a table. At the moment a single table (with a FREE back up), is £33.00, but I might be able to do you a deal!

Ghosty.
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

Nice one Kev, I'll lyk nearer to the time.
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

Good to hear that Windsor went well at the new venue. I would have been there but I was already booked to go to the Isle of Wight, where I had a great day.

I went to my local toy fair yesterday and sadly the attendance was very poor. Perhaps everyone was out sunbathing? I hope this doesn't become another small event to disappear.
fixer

Post by fixer »

glad it went well at the new venue, I will try to get there for the next one
reg
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

fixer wrote:glad it went well at the new venue, I will try to get there for the next one
Well Reg, if you come and show me your face or anything else you think I should see :o , I'll let you in Free of charge :D

Ghosty.
shockwavediecast

Post by shockwavediecast »

What toy fairs are there in Scotland? Possibly moving to Dumfries in a month or so.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

From Dorset to Dumfries, that's a bit of a journey!

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

shockwavetrading wrote:What toy fairs are there in Scotland? Possibly moving to Dumfries in a month or so.
There is one on the first sunday of every month at the Graham high School in Falkirk. The Carlisle fair has also recommenced recently.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"