69c Rolls Royce Silver Shadow

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: 69c Rolls Royce Silver Shadow

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hi Lummox.

I am afraid I do not have much of a Lesney collection outside of Rolls-Royce, so I am pretty certain I do not have another model to compare with that Tan base. Off the top of my head I can only think of the number 8, 'Bullnose' Morris Oxford, number K-18 Dodge articulated Horse transporter, and number 35 ERF Marshall Horsebox that were issued with Tan colouring, but there must be others.

Ghosthunter.
Miller

Post by Miller »

There have been a lot! Here are some more i. e.

13a + b

16a + b

29a

Roland

Variations are bad for limited showcases
Lummox

Post by Lummox »

Thanks Ghosthunter and Roland.

If any of the subjects (or a compilation) shown by Roland are the source, then they could've had paint laying around for years before it was used.

Dave
MoKo~LoCo
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Here we go...
Comp 1.jpg
Comp 1.jpg (82.65 KiB) Viewed 4736 times
Comp 2.jpg
Comp 2.jpg (68.41 KiB) Viewed 4736 times
Comp 3.jpg
Comp 3.jpg (82.68 KiB) Viewed 4736 times
Hmmm!

Ghosthunter.
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

over the past couple weeks ive come across one for sure and maybe another but not sure with long interior...the one i wasnt sure about i passed over but not the other one...which i won off ebay today...now the wait to receive it!
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
Rob

Post by Rob »

The 69a Rolls with tan base is the hardest variation to find and does command a premium as a result, it only comes with thin wheels and gold body, great score if you can find one :)
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Brad Pittiful wrote:over the past couple weeks ive come across one for sure and maybe another but not sure with long interior...the one i wasnt sure about i passed over but not the other one...which i won off ebay today...now the wait to receive it!
We are of course eagerly awaiting the good news Dan.

Ghosthunter.
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:
Brad Pittiful wrote:over the past couple weeks ive come across one for sure and maybe another but not sure with long interior...the one i wasnt sure about i passed over but not the other one...which i won off ebay today...now the wait to receive it!

Ghosthunter.
i can tell you the news is good as i know it has the long interior...it was the first one i wasnt sure about...so i passed on it...the one i am getting i got cheaper than the first one ...by a penny! :lol:
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Brad Pittiful wrote:
GHOSTHUNTER wrote:

Ghosthunter.
i can tell you the news is good as i know it has the long interior...it was the first one i wasnt sure about...so i passed on it...the one i am getting i got cheaper than the first one ...by a penny! :lol:

Dan are you saying you have found a gold #69 with rare tan base and the long seat interior? I have never seen a long seat that wasn't the standard blue metallic with black base?
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

motorman wrote:
Dan are you saying you have found a gold #69 with rare tan base and the long seat interior? I have never seen a long seat that wasn't the standard blue metallic with black base?
no im getting the first issue...blue with long interior