Finding this was a little depressing

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
McCarthyMR

Finding this was a little depressing

Post by McCarthyMR »

In amongst my mum's box of cars was this today. You'll recognise it as a Lomas Ambulance. It's a Grey Plastic smooth roof version.

Unfortunately, one of my uncles back in the 60's used to take apart toy cars in their shed and repaint them. In this case red. Not great and probably destroyed any value in this car.. Still It is what it is..

GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Finding this was a little depressing

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I actually like it, it tells a story and it would be welcome in my collection.

Ghosthunter.
matchbox_n_molars

Post by matchbox_n_molars »

I'm with Ghosty! That toy brought a multitude of hours of creative joy across the years. It was more successful in fulfilling its intended task than a mint/boxed example will ever be! Yes, negligible financial value but in other ways priceless.
Greg in Cincinnati
McCarthyMR

Post by McCarthyMR »

Now that is very true guys. Many of the toys myself or my dad played with growing up that survived are now being played with by my son's (6 & 3). They love them as much as we did. They may or may or may not survive a third generation of playing but that's the beauty of them. Bringing joy and firing the imagination.. :-)
MatchboxFreak

Post by MatchboxFreak »

I completely agree with Ghostie and Greg!
A very special piece with a personal story. And now you have the opportunity to add to the story either by displaying it 'as is' or cleaning it or removing the red paint or with a full restoration. So many great ways this story can go on.
Enjoy!
Kurt
Happy hunting!
Kurt