Did I do well?.

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
daz28

Re: Did I do well?.

Post by daz28 »

:o You did very well. I think you over paid though I can only count 31 ;)
jimgallegos

Post by jimgallegos »

You struck gold I would say.
Jim G.Come join us at the 2019 Gathering in New Mexico. 19-21 July 2097. email me @ matchb0x1@aol.com for information
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

ClOwY wrote:Hi Nick,
do you go into the covered market,ive found a few in there last easter when iwas at home,
or were thay yours?
Which shop are you on about(which street).
thanks
Gary
Hi Gary.
the matchbox toys in the covered market in Rick's shop are mine from my beaters boxes, Rick recently moved to a new shop in Hayes rd, I would recommend a visit to his new shop, I rarely come out without an armful of goodies. the place where I found this lot is just outside the covered market, you could say they are the covered markets nearest neighbour.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
ClOwY

Post by ClOwY »

Thanks Nick,
so when you come out of the coverd market you walk straight into the other shop,
the boss is a jock.
in that alley used to be a milk firm(more than 40 years ago) i used to help my dad there)
the good old days.
hope to come back at easter
thanks for your beeters
all the best
Gary.
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

that's the shop Gary, come out of the covered market and go straight in their side door.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
ClOwY

Post by ClOwY »

Nick PM
Gary.
ClOwY

Post by ClOwY »

Hi Nick PM sent
Gary
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Daimler Conquest---Is it not a Lone Star with friction motor but no makers name.....Just negosiating for one at the moment to restore or keep in custody as the case may be.
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

DCMT marketed a Daimler Conquest Roadster 2 door drophead coupe within the Road-masters range (with the hyphen).

The Daimler Conquest 4 door saloon as part of the River Series has no actual connection to the Lone-Star name, it is only the tooling for the Daimler 4 door saloon that has connections to DCMT.

The two ranges of model cars are not connected by name, only by a parent company connection, DCMT who made and supplied casting machines to several toy making companies.

Ghosthunter.
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Very interesting Kimosaby.........If the one I have bid on turns out to be a River series more the merryier......There would appear to be a Lone Star series that comprised Daimler???? Austin A40,Ford Prefect and a Standard Vanguard..Or are they River as well.....More searching for me and I will report back.........
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25