1A Road Roller - Curved Canopy

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
58oldsfan

Re: 1A Road Roller - Curved Canopy

Post by 58oldsfan »

There is a family in my town that had a '58 98 convertible, all black. Been in the family since new. The grandson wanted to sell it to buy some kind of expensive video camera to become a famous director. Don't know what ever happened to it. They would never name a price. I wouldn't have been in a position to purchase it anyway unless it was very cheap! I likely will never own another classic car - I've had quite a few, but just don't have the time anymore. Sticking to the diecast cars now! Post some pics of yours, I'd love to see them. :D
Batterseaboy

Post by Batterseaboy »

will do, the black one sounds cool, I have a curved canopy road roller with the tapered pillars
Taniwha

Post by Taniwha »

tractorboy wrote:Hi Gavin,

I can't recall any NZ auctions in the last 2/3 years (keep constant Google search going but no hits) and mostly mixed bag of toys rather than specifically die-cast.
Nice find in the junk shop - they're fast disappearing. Like you, I always call in for a firckle around those & Op shops but not as lucky as you.
Coupe of nice shops in Tirau that I always call into if going down south.
Hi Rodger,

Something arrived in the mail from Dunbar's the other day with an auction schedule for this year. Toy auction is scheduled for June. It doesn't say whether it is in Wellington or Auckland. Their previous toy auction in Wellington was December 2015 - there was a heap of Matchbox in it, and I came away with 3 or 4 very nice lots.

Sorry for wandering off-topic...

Cheers,
Gavin
Faceless Bureaucrats have feelings too...
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

I don't think any of the curved canopy Rollers were ever shipped to the U.S. at all, we did not have the Lesney Moko line over here in those first years. That one you have shown us is a Super model in very nice condition.
Batterseaboy, that tapered canopy support with curved canopy Roller is one VERY Rare casting. I have only heard of a handful ever being found in the U.K., and have only seen one offered for sale 5-6 years ago now with an E Bay BIN on it for many weeks. Do you have any background on your example and where it may have been shipped originally?? Cheers! kwakers