Lone Star RAC Caravan

RSSierra

Lone Star RAC Caravan

Post by RSSierra »

My first Lone Star model a RAC Mobile Office. Looks like it has spent its entire life in the box. Great condition except box rubbing to roof. This is a large Dinky Size model 10+ cm long. Looks like a Matchbox sized Caravan in these photo's.

Looks like Offside decal was damaged at the factory 40 plus years ago:

A couple of hours, plenty of patience, the right product and a bit of luck and its almost how it was meant to be.

Just need to find myself the Lone Star RAC Land Rover and Motor Cycle and side car combo to complete the set.
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Lone Star RAC Caravan

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Apart from that decal the model certainly is in wonderful condition, but I expect these were not played with in the same way as cars and trucks etc, mostly being towed behind something with little chance of crashing and any significant damage is likely to be from putting it away in the toy box with all the other toys without a box because its bedtime... :D

Ghosthunter.
fixer

Post by fixer »

Just picked up one for myself at NEC today, nice and minty now just have to find the Land Rover to tow it
Attachments
20170212_214521-512x288.jpg
20170212_214521-512x288.jpg (34.69 KiB) Viewed 1180 times
20170212_214611-512x288.jpg
20170212_214611-512x288.jpg (26.33 KiB) Viewed 1180 times
20170212_214542-512x288.jpg
20170212_214542-512x288.jpg (30.45 KiB) Viewed 1180 times
reg
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I trust you had your trousers on with them deep pockets to get that... :D

Very nice example. The Land Rovers do turn up on ebay but again for good Money in good condition, but now you have the trailer (Caravans are for living in aren't they!), you do have to get one.

Ghosthunter.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:I trust you had your trousers on with them deep pockets to get that... :D

Very nice example. The Land Rovers do turn up on ebay but again for good Money in good condition, but now you have the trailer (Caravans are for living in aren't they!), you do have to get one.

Ghosthunter.
Very nice indeed Reg, I think Mobile Office sounds much more up-market :D Finding a boxed Land Rover in the same condition will be a challenge.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:I trust you had your trousers on with them deep pockets to get that... :D

Ghosthunter.
Didn't need to crack the wallet open too far. The label put off everyone to the point it had been sitting in my local model shop for months. Made a cheeky offer and walked out with it.

The shop has been getting lots of queries from collectors wanting to get shot of their collections lately and the second hand stuff, Dinky, Corgi, railway items and aircraft is making them more money than the new stock. They're getting stuff back now with their pricing labels from when they originally sold it in the eighties. Shop has been open in the same place for 27 odd years and just transferred from father to son ownership. Should be a happy hunting ground for a while yet.

Cheers

Dave
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I love seeing original price labels still on the model's packaging. I am fortunate to own the Two shown below.
Love those price labels!.JPG
Love those price labels!.JPG (90.74 KiB) Viewed 1167 times
Ghosthunter.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Very nice Reg, well done
fixer

Post by fixer »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:I love seeing original price labels still on the model's packaging. I am fortunate to own the Two shown below.
Love those price labels!.JPG
Ghosthunter.
Original price for this was 2/11d
reg