Vectis today

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
matchboxmarcel

Re: Vectis today

Post by matchboxmarcel »

Went after all of the printers proof cards for YY's as they suit my collection so much.
I lost all. They were all sold well above tehir estimates.

Maybe of interest to you is that Nigel Cooper used to know Wally for over 30 years ago but Nigel could not tell me how Wally got all the printer proof cards. He didn't speak with Wally for many years.

marcel
matchboxmarcel
durangokid

Post by durangokid »

petethesweet wrote: There seems to be a lot of new people starting collecting plus the stuff has got to dry up shortly. Pete
If true, that would be good news for perseverance of the hobby as well as to sustain reasonable values long term. It is generally healthy to always have new people coming into the hobby........... I suspect that current "new" collectors are probably more prevalent in the Superfast arena compared to regular wheels.

I watched much of the auction and agree that the prices were "off the roof" for the most part. Brutal for some of us in the States to watch/bid live as for me-- the auction starts at 3:30 in the morning!! 4:30 a.m. when we go back to "Daylight Savings" time. Always enjoy watching and possibly bidding occasionally if a good value.
Thanks heavens for good coffee.......!! :shock:

Bill
DurangoKid
matchboxkiwi

Post by matchboxkiwi »

I liked the printers proofs. I've seen similar before in a collection in England.

Cheers, Steve
Matchboxkiwi
petethesweet

Post by petethesweet »

Hi All, did any body buy anything from Vectis, i only ended up with one Pete.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

As I said, nothing at Vectis, but something very nice the Saturday before at another auction.

See here.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4738&start=50
Bob
Batterseaboy

Post by Batterseaboy »

:D :D :D
kerbside wrote:As I am nearly 80yrs next birthday I had contemplated about sending my 1-75 collection to Vectis, but have decided to let my family do it when I am gone.

Have already detailed it on DVD and photos, by Stannards variation guide and other guides.

I could not bare to part with them while I can still look at them in the cabinets also while I am still chasing some variations although they seem to be harder and harder to find .

George T.
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

petethesweet wrote:Hi All, did any body buy anything from Vectis, i only ended up with one Pete.
I did :D Not Lesney, but this mixed bag, primarily for the Crescent racer and the Robin Hood tanker although the Johillco record car may stay too. The motorcycle combo requires further research on my part - I assumed it was a Morestone/Budgie Express Delivery set but the sidecar is an RAC one.
Just to reassure you, there must have been something in the air, and not just amongst the Lesney bidders. This was my first ever Vectis bid and I was a bit too enthusiastic, and that's before I remembered the Buyer's Premium (after I'd bid). Live and learn - highly unlikely!
Vectis lot (450x208).jpg
Vectis lot (450x208).jpg (58.19 KiB) Viewed 286 times