Very rare pre pro 75 thunderbird

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
leonty24

Re: Very rare pre pro 75 thunderbird

Post by leonty24 »

Was a decision ever made on the post that was made on the MCCH ?
Batterseaboy

Post by Batterseaboy »

So, if we all walked away from this thread now and never posted in it again, would you be happy with the result that we have not fully come to a conclusion on this casting that suits your expectations of it.

Ghosthunter.

I was hoping to get some answers based on historical information, paperwork and the like, open an investigation into it
Last edited by Batterseaboy on Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Batterseaboy

Post by Batterseaboy »

leonty24 wrote:Was a decision ever made on the post that was made on the MCCH ?
No, not really some thought it may have been made by someone, some of the posters on this site were on the MCCH they might remember,
That was nearly 10 years ago I thought more info might be out there now..
Last edited by Batterseaboy on Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Batterseaboy

Post by Batterseaboy »

a few more on here were on MCCH as well
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Well we are sorry if we have let you down, but the sort of information you would like to see is not available or if it is, it has not come to the collecting community as yet, but you did the right thing by showing it on Matchbox based forums for discussion, but clearly you will have to wait a bit longer for a definitive answer from a reliable source.

Ghosthunter.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Well we are sorry if we have let you down, but the sort of information you would like to see is not available or if it is, it has not come to the collecting community as yet, but you did the right thing by showing it on Matchbox based forums for discussion, but clearly you will have to wait a bit longer for a definitive answer from a reliable source.
The problem is that those 'reliable sources' are becoming fewer and fewer as time goes by and people fall off the twig.
I think it unlikely we will ever have an unequivocal answer to this particular conundrum.
Batterseaboy

Post by Batterseaboy »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Well we are sorry if we have let you down, but the sort of information you would like to see is not available or if it is, it has not come to the collecting community as yet, but you did the right thing by showing it on Matchbox based forums for discussion, but clearly you will have to wait a bit longer for a definitive answer from a reliable source.

Ghosthunter.
you certainly haven,t let me down healthy discussion is great, I wish I had asked the man selling this more, I wish Lesney had saved more historical info, for such a massive company very little is known except for the millions of hours of joy it has given this planet.....
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Milton, you did say there were other Thunderbird models on the dealer's table. Can you remember if they were other examples like yours in bare metal and with the roof-rack or were they fully finished models.

Ghosthunter.
Batterseaboy

Post by Batterseaboy »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Milton, you did say there were other Thunderbird models on the dealer's table. Can you remember if they were other examples like yours in bare metal and with the roof-rack or were they fully finished models.

Ghosthunter.
the same as mine, When I saw it I thought blimey thats interesting
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

So more than one casting was done and hopefully still surviving with the possibility one Day they will also turn up on a model car forum if they have not already, there are a lot of forums out there.

More than one example must suggest they were testing the flow of moulten metal if we rule out full production of the model for a re-issue, just think if you had brought all of them, wow, what a find!

Ghosthunter.