Very rare pre pro 75 thunderbird

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
Batterseaboy

Re: Very rare pre pro 75 thunderbird

Post by Batterseaboy »

Tinman wrote:
Batterseaboy wrote:show me the timeline of the brace non brace etc it wasn,t clear in the picture.
For that kind of detailed information you have to refer to Antonin's posts. He has kept the most amazing records of details that were previously unpublished (and in some cases unknown). Details that people like Mark Curtis used to scoff at and make fun of but now we see exactly how important those details are in determining the time line of the various models.
Batterseaboy wrote:Also there roof rack on the 75a is different to the fiat so the flow rate thing would be a totally new set of calculations
Now you're just splitting hairs. The roof rack on the T-bird is larger than the Fiat. If the flow is there for something slightly larger, then something slightly smaller will be just fine. I doubt anyone ever cracked out the slide rule and made calculations but rather observations were made of a run of castings. Proof is in the pudding if you will.
the roof rack on this tbird is smaller and the only scoffing is coming from your end
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Batterseaboy wrote:so you mean if there is a roof produced before that is closer in shape and size to the fiat you will concede that there is a possibility that you have guessed wrong
You are forgetting that availability played an overriding role here. The 75a Thunderbird was scheduled for deletion, meaning that one of the paired toolings could be sacrificed and used for development work.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Before this all gets too heated, will Members please remember to keep it polite and to play the ball rather than the man. (Personal attacks will not be tolerated.)
Batterseaboy

Post by Batterseaboy »

Idris wrote:
Batterseaboy wrote:so you mean if there is a roof produced before that is closer in shape and size to the fiat you will concede that there is a possibility that you have guessed wrong
You are forgetting that availability played an overriding role here. The 75a Thunderbird was scheduled for deletion, meaning that one of the paired toolings could be sacrificed and used for development work.
Thats if you know when it was done we need much clearer inner shots from anthoni to see the variation and what they are based on, ie, base, colour, wheel type etc and also the suppostion that they took the mold off the line and made it in three days utter bunkum..
Batterseaboy

Post by Batterseaboy »

Humor me guys

so you have three cars two on the road one for parts all have good tyres.
car 1,2,3 car 3 is the parts car

you need new tyres on car one

which car do you take the tyres from the other car you are using 2 or the parts car 3...

it must be the most logical answer
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Batterseaboy wrote: the roof rack on this tbird is smaller and the only scoffing is coming from your end
I'm not scoffing at anything. I read a theory proposed by one person and I agree with that theory. I've posted the reasons which I feel make this theory possible and plausible. So far, no one has blown any serious holes in the test bed theory.

If you've a different theory, please present a possible case scenario. That's why we post here, it's a discussion forum. If people just want to post photos and have mindless comments, they use the MCF or the MCCH facebook page.

In another thought, is there anyone who studies Lesney that has an opinion of the company other than consistently Frugal?
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Batterseaboy

Post by Batterseaboy »

Tinman wrote:
Batterseaboy wrote: the roof rack on this tbird is smaller and the only scoffing is coming from your end
I'm not scoffing at anything. I read a theory proposed by one person and I agree with that theory. I've posted the reasons which I feel make this theory possible and plausible. So far, no one has blown any serious holes in the test bed theory.

If you've a different theory, please present a possible case scenario. That's why we post here, it's a discussion forum. If people just want to post photos and have mindless comments, they use the MCF or the MCCH facebook page.

In another thought, is there anyone who studies Lesney that has an opinion of the company other than consistently Frugal?
I will take that with the sentiment in which it was posted...
Last edited by Batterseaboy on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Batterseaboy

Post by Batterseaboy »

they provided a free bus service that doesn,t sound frugal to me...

from what I have read people loved working there..
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

''obvious to who show precedence GH''

Obvious to those collectors that have a deep interest in the sort of models we see on this forum. If you want Lesney sourced detailed drawings to back-up this unusual casting's existance, then I am afraid we will have to wait a bit longer until they are also discovered and brought to the forum.

Ghosthunter.
Batterseaboy

Post by Batterseaboy »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:''obvious to who show precedence GH''

Obvious to those collectors that have a deep interest in the sort of models we see on this forum. If you want Lesney sourced detailed drawings to back-up this unusual casting's existance, then I am afraid we will have to wait a bit longer until they are also discovered and brought to the forum.

Ghosthunter.
so your guessing...