RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Dinky toys by Meccano
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

That is a stunner and I love that label (JACKSON CYCLES LTD), on the box from the supplier, hope it stays there because it adds to the enjoyment of the model.

Ghosthunter.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Its been a busy weekend. Got two fixed price offers this morning for 20 quid each. The Rolls was 5km from home so went and picked it up. The seller was working on his restored Volvo P1800 and had another under restoration in his garage. Theres an hour and a half I will never get back. Good fun talking cars on a slow sunny Sunday.

Unusual colour base? I've never noticed a non black base before.

The other item was a Tekno Morris Oxford. Very dusty. I have a feeling this one will clean up really well when I get a chance.

Last edited by RSSierra on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Fabulous Silver Shadow. This model was first introduced painted metallic Red in 1967. During 1969 it was re-coloured into a lovely metallic mid Blue and your particular example is a 1969 issue. The Blue baseplate is also the first of it's kind to be used on this model and they are often regarded as hard to find. The model in this colour stayed in production until 1973 when it was deleted from the range. It was to have been re-issued a few Years later with some retooling to minimise the number of opening parts just like they did with the #152 Phantom V which morphed into model #124, but other things were on the minds of the Meccano bosses at the end of the 1970's, and it never saw the light of Day.

Ghosthunter.
starni999

Post by starni999 »

The Tekno Oxford does it for me mate! Dinky should have updated to this one after the 40 series. Fantastic!
CW
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

starni999 wrote:The Tekno Oxford does it for me mate! Dinky should have updated to this one after the 40 series. Fantastic!
CW
From your picture it does look good. I don't have and never have had any Tekno models, but I can see it should clean up quite well. I don't know the model but is a strange subject choice for a Danish toy company to make, unless Morris Oxfords (badge engineered version perhaps!), were popular in that Country!

Ghosthunter.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Yes I was surprised to find a Tekno Morris. Hopefully that drivers window is supposed to be like that.

The Foden Tailboard purchased some time ago finally arrived today and the original photo's didn't do it justice. Bright and shiny with very little paint loss.

Last edited by RSSierra on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Ah that's a good one mate!
Late rivetted back so you know it's all kosher. A rare colour that! Well done Dave!
CW
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Yep, glad to have it. This colour scheme usually goes for silly money I'm not prepared to spend. But I got lucky with the previously mentioned generalist antique dealer offering a cheap BIN.

The seller of the Morris Oxford offered me several more Tekno's of the same vintage. I couldn't resist so they're on their way too. They're in need of a few missing parts - wheel and tyre on the VW Pickup, a spare wheel and holder for the Thunderbird and a headlight lens for the Opel Rekord. Can anyone help with these? With a little clean up and a bit of a polish they should look presentable.

RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Slightly outside this forum but the Tekno's have arrived, before and after shots. Washed down with isopropyl alcohol and given a light buff with a soft cloth.

Morris Oxford Series 2 - Factory error in the right handside glazing

Ford Thunderbird

Ferrari

Taunus 17M

Opel Rekord

Ford Taunus Van

All together

Last addition for this week is a Dinky Taxi

starni999

Post by starni999 »

Hi Dave,
Tekno stuff's ace mate! I have the Brinkers Ford van, all of this series are great. The Oxford and Opel are my favourites, I presume the Opel is the German version of the FA Victor? The rear body looks similar? Nice early Taxi too, open window so 45 / 46 I reckon.
Chris Warr.