Superfast Casting # 4

A new model to be featured every week
nearlymint

Re: Superfast Casting # 4

Post by nearlymint »

Hi Alex, yes would be interesting to see how many are about , I have really struggled and have only ever seen 2.
Should my one really be with a H box just out of interest,Cheers J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

motorman wrote:I consider these amber window Gruesome Twosome to be very very rare, it would be interesting to know how many members have an example?
I totally agree, but collectors tend not to want to reveal such information. Model car clubs are randomly trying to create so called 'Registers' of specific models in private collections, but reluctance to come forward over rules and nothing happens.

I would like to see such models singled out in a thread with members just adding their name to it to form a list of members, then they do not need to show the model if they don't want to, but at least it would indicate numbers of examples within the membership.

Or do it like a poll where members just tick a check box under the model(s) they have.

Ghosthunter.
motorman

Post by motorman »

nearlymint wrote:Hi Alex, yes would be interesting to see how many are about , I have really struggled and have only ever seen 2.
I acquired my example from Rob Freemans Vectis auction in 2012, it also came in a type 'I' box just like yours J with the 'new 4' in the square box to the front and no superfast script. It would appear therefore that the type 'I' box is contemporary to the model.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Assuming those Two examples (and I am sure they both came from reliable sources), are in the correct box ('new 4' type), I think this puts them at the start of their 'Time-Line'.

Ghosthunter.
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Assuming those Two examples (and I am sure they both came from reliable sources), are in the correct box ('new 4' type), I think this puts them at the start of their 'Time-Line'.

Ghosthunter.
The evidence so far from the examples J and myself own would certainly suggest so.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Are the baseplates bare or painted.

Ghosthunter.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Assuming those Two examples (and I am sure they both came from reliable sources), are in the correct box ('new 4' type), I think this puts them at the start of their 'Time-Line'.
That would make sense if the amber glazing is remaindered pre-production stock.
Rob

Post by Rob »

motorman wrote:
nearlymint wrote:Hi Alex, yes would be interesting to see how many are about , I have really struggled and have only ever seen 2.
I acquired my example from Rob Freemans Vectis auction in 2012, it also came in a type 'I' box just like yours J with the 'new 4' in the square box to the front and no superfast script. It would appear therefore that the type 'I' box is contemporary to the model.
Here is my one that you now own Alex, I didn't know you had it now and I am pleased it has gone to a collector such as yourself. I have seen less than a handful in reality over the years and I would rate this piece right up there with other very rare models.
Attachments
4 Gruesome Twosome Amber glass.jpg
4 Gruesome Twosome Amber glass.jpg (56.01 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Sorry, bit late to the show here Jason. That's a brilliant find, the paint and windows look stunning together.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

Thanks John, its been on my wanted list for a long time.

Hi Alex, I did not get the model and box together. But checking Christians site and the early body casting I think this could be the incorrect box, as Christian shows the H type box.
J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home