RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Dinky toys by Meccano
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

That #36d Rover is unusual with those rims. We know coloured hubs were quite common on pre-War models, but even then they tended to be in a colour close in shade to the wings and chassis, nice find.

Ghosthunter.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

The Rover is much better in the hand than it looked in the original auction photo.

I don't know the history on this variation but it is definitely harder to find

picked up the two books below today, will post pics later once they arrive if there is anything worth showing within.

Haven't seen them before, one is supposedly in French and English the other purely French.
Last edited by RSSierra on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Hi Mate,
As far as I know the coloured post war hubs on these were used for the export markets, especially the US. Though with Meccano you can never be sure if that was what happened. I think Mr Roulet is the guy who is helping Atlas pick the models to reproduce?
I need a decent French Dinky book, only problem is I don't read French :D .
Cheers
CW,
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Hey Chris

Go for the first book above, it is in both French and English. With the pages split into two columns one for each language. I'm 30 odd pages in and have learnt a lot.

Cheers

Dave
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

RSSierra wrote:Go for the first book above, it is in both French and English. With the pages split into two columns one for each language. I'm 30 odd pages in and have learnt a lot.
Please add a review in The Reference Library.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Idris wrote:
RSSierra wrote:Go for the first book above, it is in both French and English. With the pages split into two columns one for each language. I'm 30 odd pages in and have learnt a lot.
Please add a review in The Reference Library.
Will do when I've finished it......
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Eclectic mix this time. Pre war, late production, a book and some accessories.

25d Petrol Tanker, pre war hubs and chassis. No label, good paint and tyres make me think this may be non original. But axle ends and underside paint are untouched. So I am torn. I didn't pay much so would be happy either way.

Falck Land Rover

The book below is excellent with regard to Dinky toys. Many double page full colour photo's of various models cars, trucks, military etc. The Tinplate and other metal sections are excellent. Will post a review on this one too when finished. But I highly recommend it.

I've been on the look out for the lighting kit for the Dinky Fire and Service Stations and was amazed to come across a single lot with 4 boxed, untouched examples just as they left the factory complete with original tape and bulb protectors.

Lastly another bulk lot of Petrol pumps, the variety I'm discovering on these is great. Quite a few of these are Timpo.

The Oil pumps slide out of the bottom of the housing with a little coaxing.

Last edited by RSSierra on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

RSSierra wrote:The book below is excellent with regard to Dinky toys. Many double page full colour photo's of various models cars, trucks, military etc. The Tinplate and other metal sections are excellent. Will post a review on this one too when finished.
Thank you!
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Hi Dave,
That 25 Tanker is real nice, it looks like Post War axles though? 1945 / 6 ? None original tyres maybe? but everything else looks good, nice find.
I was lucky enough to find the Metal Toys book in a bargain bin years ago, big colour pictures are excellent, a few repaints in among the original stuff in some spreads though.
Cheers for the heads up on the French Dinky book, Amazon here we come!
Chris Warr.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Hey Chris,

Good eyes, yes they are the thicker axles, but the crimping looks factory so yes post war it is.

Cheers