Toy fair news

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
YYS4BOB

Re: Toy fair news

Post by YYS4BOB »

Nobody's perfect, some of us make the odd typographical error now and then :P
Bob
fixer

Post by fixer »

another good day and meeting nice to actually meet you J and thank you for the flyers
Marcel thank you for the catalogue I only wish I could read it as it looks very interesting
I think the November Sandown should be even better with Nicks book launch as a bonus addition
reg
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Despite the heat inside the halls it was a good Day, lots of people to meet and the forum Guys make all the difference, nice to see you all together, even if Tim's little Charlie did not want to take a picture of us, he was hungry and wanted to go, see you next time Charlie... :)

Thanks for the NAMC magazine Marcel and we had a longer meeting together this time, that was good, I hope you got Home safely.

One thing I was afraid of when meeting "Nearlymint", he had a bag of Rolls-Royce models for me (again...!), my Dad's living room looks like a home for sick and poorly roller models looking for new Homes, bit like a Cat sanctury, I must start putting them away... :D

I picked up a couple cheap Matchbox sized Hong Kong toys, a £2 Y-6 Rolls-Royce 'Fire Engine' in the 2nd 'J' (Maroon box), a strange colour combination Y-7 Rolls-Royce, a Y-5 (B) Bentley in all over dark Green with the 'Pre-Pro' front wing casting and I had my Eye on a Japan market J-4 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow in Gold, but somebody else got to it before me...Hmm!!

I hope you can sleep tonight Reg... :x

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Have you been a bad boy Reg?
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:...bit like a Cat sanctury...
Ah! The stuff of dreams!
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

No problem Kevin that Charlie didn't take a picture. I was there and took these photos. Allthough some of you dislike the grouppictures it is good to see some faces to the names we meet at the forum.
It was very nice to see you all again. This mini gathering is becoming bigger and bigger.
I had a good visit to London in the afternoon and evening and got the coach back from Victoria at 21.00. At 9.00 sundaymonring I was back home after a good journey which took 2 hour less comparing with the journey to London the night before. (one quy had to stay at French customs in the middle of the night and could not go with us futher to the UK) (we missed our ferry because of this and I was only at Sabdown, just after 8.00)

Bob Tutt, on the very right, then to the left: Garry Matthews (main contributor of the white Matchbox Yesteryear book) Reg, Kevin the Ghosthunter, Jason.

Early Lesney and MOKO collector Gary Galvin (on the right) and David from Paris. It was good to meet David again who I haven't met in years. He was a regular visitor of the MICA conventions and often spoke before the dinner.

marcel
matchboxmarcel
zBret

Post by zBret »

Looks like Marcel and his trusty camera have come through once again and captured what looks like and fun and interesting gathering, for posterity. :D

zBret
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Notice how very few of the actual toys are on the tables, we were afraid of embarrassing ourselves... :D

Ghosty.
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Notice how very few of the actual toys are on the tables, we were afraid of embarrassing ourselves... :D

Ghosty.
Gary Galvin drove all the way for one of 7 pieces of junk. :D
(but he was very very happy with this item)

marcel
matchboxmarcel
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

I had a really good day and was nice meeting you all again, Charlie was getting very restless and was Hungary so we had to shoot off, also needed to get home for the football lol. Thanks for the catalogue Marcel some interesting pictures in there. I overspent again but picked up some nice stuff.