Attachments
dean.jpg
dean.jpg (481.15 KiB) Viewed 978 times
nickjones
Site Admin

Re: Matchbox Toys by Nick Jones

Post by nickjones »

Nah, I'm much better looking lol.
I have been mistaken for Dennis Waterman of 'Minder' fame, Mind you I recon the person that mistook me must have been half blind.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
Dr Jazz

Post by Dr Jazz »

:lol: :lol:

Ok then, you are much better looking :D Looking forward to that book :-)
ChFalkensteiner

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

nickjones wrote: From James Bolton of Osprey publishing via email
I hope that this email finds you well. I am working on the marketing for your upcoming book Matchbox Toys, and am currently putting together a list of people to contact regarding reviewing and writing features etc. As you are far more plugged into the die cast toy community than myself, I was wondering if you had any key contacts that you recommend that I should get in contact with?

So I have sent him a small list of names and email addresses so you could possibly be contacted at sometime in the near future. I'm not exactly sure what they want but I'm assuming it could mean a free copy of the book.
I received an email from Mr. Bolton earlier this week. It is simply an advertisement for the book and a request for me to purchase it. I wrote him back stating that I already ordered and paid for a copy in advance.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I have exactly the same.

Ghosthunter.
matchbox_n_molars

Post by matchbox_n_molars »

How am I just now stumbling onto this update regarding Nick's book. Life needs to slow down a tad!
Mine's ordered Nick! Looking forward to it already.
Greg in Cincinnati
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

could someone forward me the email from mr bolton please, Ghostie or Christian, thanks.
Nick Jones.
ChFalkensteiner

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

nickjones wrote:could someone forward me the email from mr bolton please, Ghostie or Christian, thanks.
Done - sent via this site's email feature. (The correct spelling of his name is actually "Boulton", as I have just noticed. :oops: )
matchboxuk

Post by matchboxuk »

nickjones wrote:could someone forward me the email from mr bolton please, Ghostie or Christian, thanks.
Nick

I am not sure whether you received my message. I received a copy of the book to review but when I asked how long should it be and where I should send the review, I was informed on web sites and blogs that I am familiar with.

Are you able to enlighten me further?

Nigel
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

matchboxuk wrote:
Nick

I am not sure whether you received my message. I received a copy of the book to review but when I asked how long should it be and where I should send the review, I was informed on web sites and blogs that I am familiar with.

Are you able to enlighten me further?

Nigel
Hi Nigel.
I was given the impression that you were to review the book solely for Osprey, but instead it has turned into a cheap attempt to get a bit of free publicity.
My apologies I did not intend for them to impose on you, what did you think of the book anyway?.
also my apologies for the late reply, last week my eighty year old Mum fell off her bed and broke her arm in three places and broke her nose, she has been hospitalised ever since with a water infection, I really thought I was going to lose her but today she seemed to have improved a little,
hence I seem to spend half of my life waiting for or riding in buses
Nick Jones.