A quick guide to 25 Series Lorries.

Dinky toys by Meccano
misterpop

Re: A quick guide to 25 Series Lorries.

Post by misterpop »

Once again Great thread..Very informative and interesting.....I dont own any of these but this week bid on this one as I collect breakdown trucks..It had me scratching my head all week and I still am not sure,what do you think?......Didnt get it as I was not prepared to bid so high on what I thought may be a very old code 3....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371706308447? ... 1435.l2649
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

That is an unusual truck. I don't recognize the rear section from the Dinky range, maybe something from the French range, but the little 'Brass' tank circled in Yellow, comes from the 'Models of Yesteryear' range. It is fitted to the 1911 Maxwell and the 1912 Rolls-Royce that I can remember, so as you say Ian, it seems to be an old 'Code 3'. The crimped axles do not match and the rear tyres don't seem to be the right type either.
Code 3 Dinky truck.jpg
Code 3 Dinky truck.jpg (104.69 KiB) Viewed 13023 times
Ghosthunter.
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Good detective work Holmes[Did you see what I did there ?] :lol: Truly an interloper of the highest order......Maybe well worth its £28 bid as a Code 3 relic..
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Hi all,
Interesting! A 25e Tipper I reckon. Quite a nice old conversion though. To be honest I'd have been tempted at under £30, just stick a repro grille on and it's a nice, if not original piece.
Cheers
CW.
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Totaly agree..May be one to watch out for..Wonder what the Dinky men made of it....
Bako

Post by Bako »

Probably because they are trucks rather than cars it does not seem too hard at the moment to find pre-war examples (possibly not in pristine condition) at reasonable prices. Some of my recent finds including a French version which is only superficially similar to the UK version, are below:

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I agree with you Bayko and once you have several together like those you show above, what a great collection they make.

It seems silly now but the French factory eventually did have their own tool makers, the Liverpool factory could not loan tooling because of keeping them in full-time production in the UK, so the odd similar toy would appear from both factories. Only in the formative Years were UK made Dinky Toys exported to France and sold their as French Dinky Toys with no input from France at all!

Ghosthunter.
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Sorry for the 5 month late reply must have missed this one!

Fantastic set of Pre War 25's there. The two or three tone colours on these are fantastic. The Tankers are my favourites, but still so hard to get in decent condition. Pre War Market Gardeners wagons seem to be the easiest to find in good condition ? It is still possible to get a good deal on these as if you are not familiar with Dinky it's not too obvious what they are.

Cheers
CW.
dinkycollect

Post by dinkycollect »

Bako,

Congratulations for your collection of 25s, specially for the very rare French 25a for which there are 29 colour variations. But why do you use Photobucket which is the worse photo service on the web ?
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

When the pictures were first posted onto this forum photobucket was operating a free account but have recently changed their account options and no longer have a free account and expect everyone to instantly switch over to a paid account and those that have not (most of us here!) have their pictures defaced as you can see.

Ghosthunter.