Taking off axle clips

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
godsey1

Taking off axle clips

Post by godsey1 »

What is the best way of taking off the axle clips of the transitional vehicles? Thanks for any help,

Tony
motorman

Re: Taking off axle clips

Post by motorman »

godsey1 wrote:What is the best way of taking off the axle clips of the transitional vehicles? Thanks for any help,

Tony
With very little pressure they pop off very easily, try it with a beater and you will see how easy it is. No skill involved!!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
godsey1

Post by godsey1 »

Thanks for the info motorman. I will try it in a bit and see how it goes. I just don't want to mess it up.
motorman

Post by motorman »

godsey1 wrote:Thanks for the info motorman. I will try it in a bit and see how it goes. I just don't want to mess it up.
Put a little pressure on the narrow end of the clip with a small flat head screwdriver and you will see the clip flex up and pop off. They are extremely easy to swap.
MOTORMAN

godsey1

Post by godsey1 »

Got it to come after a little prying. Now I need to find a set as this set is messed up. Thanks again.

Tony
motorman

Post by motorman »

godsey1 wrote:Got it to come after a little prying. Now I need to find a set as this set is messed up. Thanks again.

Tony
Tony, when you do find another set of clips they push back on easy aswell with a little bit of finger pressure.
MOTORMAN