Needing HELP in identifying a 75 pc set of English Lesney

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
kwakers

Re: Needing HELP in identifying a 75 pc set of English Lesne

Post by kwakers »

Please check Item number 310745068416, which is a 1961 Fred Bronner publication which has a picture of your store display in it. I found it tonight quite by accident while looking over some sold items. That Item was quite a bargain the way I see it, many Lesney collectors must have missed this one including myself! kwakers
ChFalkensteiner

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

SMS88 wrote:Mostly common variations of models but a few hard to find items like the silver wheels cememt truck and metallic blue icecream truck but no very hard to find items or special issues that I can see......
I see a few more interesting variations in this display: e.g. 48b with grey wheels, 53b in maroon with black wheels, also silver wheels on 17c and 45a, grey wheels on 22b in copper and 33b, and the relatively scarcer late issue colours on 50a and 69a.
fintail

Post by fintail »

I think the 22a and 33b might have silver wheels. I wouldn't kick them out of my pile though.

The 50a caught my eye the most, it can be really hard to find a nice mint loose one like that. But it should say united with the display. I also like the silver wheel 25b VW 39b Pontiac 51a cement truck and 46b Pickfords. And is this from the period where the 15c refuse truck might not have a peephole?