Matchbox Toys by Nick Jones

nickjones
Site Admin

Re: Matchbox Toys by Nick Jones

Post by nickjones »

Got a phone call from my sister Mandy in Clacton, My own copy of the book has arrived, WOOHOO!, Now all I have to do is wait for my other sister Jacqui to return from Spain and then decide when she is going to visit Mum so I can arrange to go over on the same day so we can have a family get together, Then I can finally see a finished example of my book, I expect pictures of it will be coming fairly soon. Watch this space....
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
motorman

Post by motorman »

nickjones wrote:Got a phone call from my sister Mandy in Clacton, My own copy of the book has arrived, WOOHOO!, Now all I have to do is wait for my other sister Jacqui to return from Spain and then decide when she is going to visit Mum so I can arrange to go over on the same day so we can have a family get together, Then I can finally see a finished example of my book, I expect pictures of it will be coming fairly soon. Watch this space....
Or you could jump on a bus and get it off of Mandy........just a thought.....or are you sailing in the Caribean Nick? :D
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Its starting to get exciting then with firm orders from forum members and a finished book on the cusp of being seen!!

Ghosty.
tractorboy

Post by tractorboy »

nickjones wrote:Got a phone call from my sister Mandy in Clacton, My own copy of the book has arrived, WOOHOO!, Now all I have to do is wait for my other sister Jacqui to return from Spain and then decide when she is going to visit Mum so I can arrange to go over on the same day so we can have a family get together, Then I can finally see a finished example of my book, I expect pictures of it will be coming fairly soon. Watch this space....
Clacton - oh the memories! Had a girlfriend from there.
When I was in my teens - a group of us would travel around the east coast, starting at Wells on Sea and usually ending up Southwold.
We always aimed to do the Norfolk & Suffolk coastlines but The Adnams brewery at Southwold always finished us off.
Carefree days - Hillman Minx & Ford Cortina, crates of Greene King & sleeping under the stars. In the 6 years we did this, never once saw a policeman!

Nick, the excitement is growing.
"What one loves in childhood stays in the heart forever." ---Mary Jo Putney

Rodger
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

motorman wrote:Or you could jump on a bus and get it off of Mandy........just a thought.....or are you sailing in the Caribean Nick? :D
Last time I took a bus to Clacton, well 2 buses each way actually, it took me about 3 hours to get there plus another 3 to get back to Tollesbury, Four one hour bus rides plus another 2 hours waiting for the connecting buses in Colchester, Mind you I can't complain, Last month they were talking about cancelling all of the bus services in Tollesbury,
Tollesbury has a population of 2000 so it is a fairly small village, and it has only two roads joining it to the outside world, one road goes north and the other goes to the north east, You cant go west or south unless you have a boat!.

As for the Caribbean, most likely no, but I expect my son to join me here at the end of October but that will be too late in the year to do any long distance sailing so we will have to wait until april or may and then we are free to go wherever we want, most likely Ibitha and then play it by ear after that.

Meanwhile I'm researching my next book, that is when I can tear myself away from facebook!.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I have seen a sneaky peak at the title of Nik's new book...

'Favourite Bus journeys in Essex'

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Maybe something more romantic, 'Tell Marina I love her'
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

or... 'Discover Clacton by Moonlight'.