My newes Find this Week.

A place to show your latest finds
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: My newes Find this Week.

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I would be happy to have 'Look-A-like' models in my collection, but not at the sort of price asked for that Cougar!

Ghosthunter.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Matthias the more I look at this, the more I feel there may be some questions needing answering such as which model did you acquire from South Africa? :? :? Nick the Greek to my knowledge hasn't emigrated has he?

It would help if you commented on some of the preceding posts including my own.

By the way this is not a witch hunt Matthias, but you must admit that you have thrown a cat amongst the pigeons :?
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
numi

Post by numi »

Idris wrote:I was wondering because I can't see the casting flaw. However, I didn't make a post because but Numi didn't comment on it...
Sorry Idris for the delay.
Regarding the rear casting flaw on the Cream Cougars-
Initially i noted that on more than a few Cream Cougars a casting flaw was evident but on further research and sightings i discovered that not all Cream Cougars had this flaw evident.Not sure why though.
Jasons specimen doesnt have it and so does my collector friend from the Canadian border.Could it have been rectified whilst in the early stage just before going into full production in Met Green/Olive?
Kindly confirm if your Cream Cougar is with or without this casting flaw.
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
mbox75

Post by mbox75 »

Hi Everyone

My last New Variants from last Week.

Cheers Mathias
SITE ADMIN WARNING: ANY PRE-PRODUCTION MODELS PICTURED IN THIS POST BY MBOX75 MAY BE FAKES!
Miller

Post by Miller »

I love those SLs - are they bulgarians?
Roland

Variations are bad for limited showcases
mbox75

Post by mbox75 »

Hallo Roland

Der goldene ist ein Bulgare der grünmetallene ist ein Prepro,wie auch die beiden einfarbenen Fiats.

Gruss Mathias
SITE ADMIN WARNING: ANY PRE-PRODUCTION MODELS PICTURED IN THIS POST BY MBOX75 MAY BE FAKES!
mbox75

Post by mbox75 »

Hi Everyone

New from my local Fleemarket.

Citroen with 9x18 Profil instead of 9x20

Cheers Mathias
motorman

Post by motorman »

Matthias, that image you posted of the #6 Mercedes 350SL is intriguing me. Your Photograph makes the interior and roof look a tan colour, however I would expect the interior to be yellow on a genuine prepro. I also suspect that I have seen this one for sale very recently by a certain Nik the Greek, (image posted below). Can you provide more images and clarify if this is one of Niks creations as I suspect it is?
Attachments
Nik the Greek fake prepro
Nik the Greek fake prepro
image.jpeg (16.86 KiB) Viewed 663 times
MOTORMAN

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Miller wrote:I love those SLs - are they bulgarians?
I think they could be, but I have to agree with "Motorman" about the Green example. It does look very similar to the model in the smaller picture. I am sure Mathias can enlighten us and yes, a few more pictures would be good.

Ghosthunter.
motorman

Re: My newes Find this Week..

Post by motorman »

Matthias can you please provide an image of the moulding number in the plastic roof of the green metallic prepro #6 please.

The roof looks very loose to me suggesting that the roof rivet has not been spun, so you should have no problems showing the roof moulding numbers just push it up, I will also be looking for 2 round ejector rings under the roof.

Can you also provide some images of the baseplate and lots of close up rivet shots. Thanks.
MOTORMAN