53a Aston Martin

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
nickjones
Site Admin

Re: 53a Aston Martin

Post by nickjones »

johnboy wrote: Me for two (plus a few silvers) :lol:
Plus all of the 'blue' Zodiacs that miraculously turn green as soon as they see the light of day. #%8&ing sodium lighting!!!!!!!!!..
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

How right you guys are. But, it gives me pleasure to know I am not alone in my world of faithful myth believers LOL....
The red 32A Jaguar is known to come in 2 very distinct reds also, light and 'stock medium'. The lighter red I was told by a world class dealer/ collector was the result of a batch of white ones being re-colored to red at the factory. If a playworn example were to be found by us today, would we properly identify it as factory Lesney or would it end up in a beater box as a cheap re-paint? As some elderly collectors pass, so does their firsthand knowledge of what they have seen and touched over the years.
I have been patietly waiting for a Post about a SPR 18 Bulldozer with a pre-production base that was brought to the September Matchbox Show in Hershey Pennsylvania. I missed the Show once again with an important dinner, but many pictures should now exist of this hit of the show. The owner has had that piece many years, and I have heard he and another world famous collector discussing his interest in it for his near complete collection. The owner, who I have seen around for years, had finally decided to share it publicly with the Lesney world. We all need to turn over our SPR 18Ds now to check the base script on them. Others exist I am sure, but no others have ever been noted since it's release in 1964. Possibly another Bronner display pre-pro has finally surfaced after 49 years in hiding? Mythical?......That early casting Dozer is now finally public, so it can now be called illusive. It may change hands and be held as private once again, but we may now be able to have a picture of it's base on Nick's Guide in time. I was told by it's owner that many were taken of it and it's early base that day..... kwakers I did manage to save my draft last night of my earlier message. Yahoo from a full size keyboard!
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

johnboy wrote:
nickjones wrote:
kwakers wrote:.... How many red Aston Martins may have been passed up because they were not the stock metallic.....kwakers
And hand up all those collectors that bought gloss red repaints believing they might just be the 'mythical martin',
Me for one lol.
Me for two (plus a few silvers) :lol:
Guilty as charged!