A warm welcome to the VBD forum

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
nickjones
Site Admin

Re: A warm welcome to the VBD forum

Post by nickjones »

Just to let you know, I have increased the avatar filesize, also the upload photograph filesize and you can now attach up to 10 photos on each message.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
zBret

Post by zBret »

Well I finally managed to find my way here ! and hope any other members from the original forum who were as lost as I was eventually will as well.

This forum here does seem to be an improvement over that "new" Lefora forum, though seems to be missing the feel of the original forum, which for me, could best be described as settling into on old comfortable lounge chair.

I have no words to add, for that "new" lefora forum format ( I think motorman said most of what I was thinkin, and they probably sounded better with a Scottish accent ! ) But to be kind that format was terrible, I realize that's nothing of your doing Nick and and I would like to say that, your efforts to remedy the situation are greatly appreciated , it must be very challenging I would think.

Good to see the names of the regular posters and friends here, that 'll bring back the feel of the old place quicker than anything. Welcome to all newcomers as well.

Regards,
zBret
zBret

Post by zBret »

Ok here goes my second post, seems ya need 3 posts to be approved to, post directly.
So I'll just add , that just after sending my first post, I happened to note that, the old " edit post" feature, was not available here.
As I often make mistakes..that was a feature I would use with some frequency. I have noticed that there is a "preview" button next to the "submit" button, I'll see what that does, but something tells me it's not quite the same thing. So for now, I shall have to measure twice and cut once.
:roll:
zBret
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

Hi zBret.
I'm glad you found us, Welcome back.
I did try to send an email to all forum members through lefora to tell them where we had gone. but as I have been blocked from seeing all lefora pages I don't know if they actually got sent or not.
The full features of this site become available after your 3rd post has been approved, I'm sure the edit function is included.
Nick Jones.
zBret

Post by zBret »

nickjones wrote:Hi zBret.
I'm glad you found us, Welcome back.
I did try to send an email to all forum members through lefora to tell them where we had gone. but as I have been blocked from seeing all lefora pages I don't know if they actually got sent or not.
The full features of this site become available after your 3rd post has been approved, I'm sure the edit function is included.
Thank you Nick, good to be back.
Just to let you know, I did not receive any email via lefora, so perhaps they did not send them through, may have to go the direct route..if that's possible.

Regards
zBret
zBret

Post by zBret »

18power wrote:
nickjones wrote:Hi Naji, Good to have you back.
Thanks Nick, glad to be back... What will happen to all the old threads? Will they be saved? Even if the pictures can't be saved it's better than nothing I suppose. What's your take on that Nick?
Hi Naji ,
good to see ya here!
I just found my way in myself...
Where are the calendar girls :?:
has anyone seen Mike :?: may have resort to yodeling to lead him in
zBret misses Mike :o yodeleeeh heee hoooh

zBret
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

I have emailed Mike (& Nico) but he did not reply. I think he may still be on holiday.
Nick Jones.
motorman

Post by motorman »

nickjones wrote:I have emailed Mike (& Nico) but he did not reply. I think he may still be on holiday.
Mike you lazy Sod, how many weeks holiday do you need, get your ass over here!!!
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
vetrad

Post by vetrad »

Got delayed by work Alex. I'm here now! And this is my third post is hopefully I can post freely...

-David
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

nickjones wrote: Just to let you know, I have increased the avatar filesize, also the upload photograph filesize and you can now attach up to 10 photos on each message.
Thanks!